The site update is in progess

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The site update is in progess

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:51 am

There are some things that aren't complete and others that need adjustment. It will be a while longer before the dust settles.

One thing that may or may not be obvious is that in the Roster, the Guestbook and the Wall page, the blanks at the top of the page represent a search feature. Put in a full name or part of a name and it will automatically search the data.
lreyna1947

Re: The site update is in progess

Postby lreyna1947 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:33 pm

Robert, I just looked at the updated site and looks great. Congratulation for the very good job and time effort. I hope the site could stay active for a long time. Any new update on the next 31st Battalion reunion, hope we could have another in the near future.

Here in San Antonio I belong to MOPH Chapter 1836, this year four of our members have passed away. This coming Sunday March 6, we are attending a funeral for Bill Bacon, Vietnam Veteran from Kerville, Texas. He was our past Comander for our chapter and for the state of Texas.

Take care, Luis Reyna
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Luis, the site upgrade progress is on hold for the moment. My programmer is busy with other things that pay the bills for himself and his wife and two small children. However... it will be finished eventually. The biggest things yet to be done are getting the list of who died since the war page filled in and updating the photos in the Wall page that were lost in the site changes. I also want to be able to change the opening collage again.

Recently I got the ability to modify the Wall page posts and the edit ability for the guest book. I still need to be able to update the Roster and a few other things.

Luis, glad you are still looking in from time to time. I wish more would post here.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:51 am

We have now gotten done what was mentioned in the last post. There are some more things that could be done of the editing kind. However,considering the interest in the site didn't go up after the Branson Reunion it's looking like further modifications are not necessary in that they would mostly go unnoticed and unappreciated. Only a couple guys besides myself and Jerry White ever post here in these forums. Nobody new wants to join the Skype chats. Maybe it's time to move on as the subject has been exercised to death and everybody who had a genuine interest has had his fill of it.

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”