bridge dedication for Michael Gibson

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Thomas W. Jordan

bridge dedication for Michael Gibson

Postby Thomas W. Jordan » Fri May 16, 2014 2:26 pm

To All members of the 9th:
I hope I'm on the right site, I'm Michael Gibson's cousin and we are trying to get a bridge dedicated to him at our old hometown of Coeburn, Va. Mike lived across the bridge in Bondtown. He was known as the Mayor of Bondtown because you would see him sitting on the rails of the bridge, like he was guarding Bondtown. He was C C0. 6th Bn, 31st Inf. when he was killed on Nov. 28, 1969. If anyone knew Mike and could share some information with us we would appreciate it very much. If anyone could make it for the dedication it would be awesome. The town has approved it and now we are waiting on the County Board of Supervisors and Va. DOT, which they said it shouldn't be a problem. We would love to have any photos if anyone had any photos of Mike and good times with him. If there was a baseball or basketball around that's where you would find Mike. I'm leaving my email address if anyone would like to help me with this. Thanks and welcome home to all of you.

Tom Jordan
MSG, Ret.
tjo1638663@aol.com
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: bridge dedication for Michael Gibson

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri May 16, 2014 3:03 pm

You are on the right site. It's the only site for the 6th Battalion of the 31st Infantry. Hope you made some use out of the Charlie list that Jerry White forwarded to you. I've made this a "sticky" in the Charlie forum in case any Charlie guys happen by they can see it. Good look with your project. I hope some 6/31st guys take notice and help out however they can.

Michael Gibson's Wall Page.

http://www.6thofthe31st.com/kia/details.php?index=113

Return to “Charlie Company”