Posting pictures

New member information and announcements found here. Posting photo information. How to use Icons. Solving site registration problems discussed. Information about the site other than the message board is also here.

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Posting pictures

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:23 am

If you want to post a picture, or a series of pictures, directly from your computer, without linking from a photo service, like photobucket, etc., this is what you do...after you login as a registered user. If you are not a registered user you won't be able to post words, much less photos.

After you have saved photos to your computer as jpgs and have them at a reasonable size.....say 1000 pixels or less... you can add them to a post yourself. If you need to convert bitmaps to jpgs, or resize a photo you can do it easy with a free download of Irfanview. http://www.irfanview.com/ or any other software you have available that will do the same thing.

1. Open a new topic after you are logged in to the messageboard. ( Or in a reply to a topic.)
2. Put in a title, if a new topic.
3. Type in some remark in the text screen.
4. Go to the bottom of the screen. You will see a button next to a slot. Hit the "upload attachment" and it will show you a the "choice" button to link to your computer files. Go to that file where you have the pictures you wish to post and select an image you wish to post and hit the "open" button.
5. After hitting the open button the address of the image will show in the window next to the attachment slot. Next to it will be an "add" button. Hit the "add" button.
6. After the above is done, a second photo attachment screen will popup. If you want to add another photo, repeat the process. If not, ignore.
7. At any time after a photo is added to the post screen you can add a title in a slot you will see next to each photo.
8. When you are done adding photos hit the button that posts the comment and the attachments at the very bottom of the screen that says "submit".

If you want to put photos in the album you will have to go through me. That way I can protect whatever images are posted from previously experienced spam attacks. However, if you post them on the messageboard, I can add them to the album or open an album in your name. If you send me the jpgs in an email or on a disk, I'll add them that way too.

If you have any problems, email me. niner@6thofthe31st.com

Robert
Attachments
shooting 044.jpg
Any text you add in the File comment box under the picture file name will show up like this.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Photo Attachments as to size

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:08 pm

A computer added photo attachment will not result in a photo as large as your computer screen, although a photo up to screen size could be added as a jpg in an attachment. However when you view your photo on the site, if you left click on the image, the photo will get larger. Different browsers will allow different ways of viewing photos at different sizes.
Attachments
IMGP2149.jpg
IMGP2150.jpg
IMGP2151.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Posting pictures

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:18 am

I've made some adjustments to this post from 2006 and made it , I hope clearer. I've changed the way the image will show in posting so you see it larger for any posts going forward from today.
Attachments
IMGP2191.JPG
fishing.JPG
fishing.JPG (56.51 KiB) Viewed 2523 times

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”