46 years; a lifetime ago, like it was yesterday!

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Randyw

46 years; a lifetime ago, like it was yesterday!

Postby Randyw » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:39 pm

When you remember what you cannot forget, there seem to be moments and memories triggered by odd things; smells, a song, a random act. However, for me at least, each year on January 12th, many, many memories come flooding back. I'd just like to ask everyone to remember those who did not make it, most of their memories have become more clouded and less sharp, even more of a concern to me is the fact their actions have begun to be less and less vivid in my mind. I hate that! The number of Delta brothers also continues to shrink each year, and those of us lucky enough to be here and able to keep up with the annual reminders to not forget our brothers who gave so much way back in 1969 as well as those who stared down Grim Reaper that night and were allowed to live on; a tribute to their valor, honor, and courage, until their time was finally up.

Please Remember those listed below;
General Douglas McArthur said, "Old soldiers never die they just fade away" I always thought "Soldiers do die, never let them fade away"

Barrios James Patrick Lemoore CA 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong
Zoldi Gabriel Parma Heights OH 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong
Tubbs Edwin Franklin Coudersport PA 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong
Yabiku Takeshi Los Angeles CA 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong
Farris Dennis Barry Cheyenne WY 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong
Keener Lawton Arvil Highlands NC 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong
Robinson Calvin Johnston SC 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong
Bradley Larry Grant Knoxville TN 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong
Rolle John Berkley Fort Myers FL 01-12-1969 D Dinh Tuong

Thank you all for your courage, honor, and friendship and welcome home my brothers.

Randy Whitaker
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: 46 years; a lifetime ago, like it was yesterday!

Postby Delta75 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:06 pm

Randy...hope you can join us for our first ever "Stand-Alone" 6/31st reunion now scheduled for Branson, MO, June 4 - 6, 2015. It would be great to see you again.

Jerry

Return to “Delta Company”