Delta Company - 2010 Reno Reunion

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Delta Company - 2010 Reno Reunion

Postby Delta75 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:45 am

Hello Delta Company!

Below is the latest Reno Reunion count. The present Delta reunion record is 77 and the present 6/31st reunion record is 162; therefore, it appears that we will be “smashing” both of those records at Reno. As you can see, it appears that Tim Miller (2nd platoon) is living up to his boast that “2nd platoon would kick 3rd platoon’s butt at the reunion”. I told him “no way”, but it appears that, for the very first time, it might just happen. Based on these numbers, this will be the greatest reunion ever of 6/31st men, and I doubt that the attendance record that we set at Reno will ever be broken; therefore, if you have not yet responded to our reunion inquiries, or if you have already responded with a “Maybe” or a “No”, we would encourage you to please reconsider and join us in the fun at Reno (Aug 19 – 22). Please contact either me or Tim Miller timsppic@hotmail.com for any reunion information.

Delta Company:

1st platoon: 14
2nd platoon: 35
3rd platoon: 34
HQ platoon: 3
Weapons platoon: 2

Total: 88

6/31st Companies (everyone is exceeding their present reunion record except Echo).

Alpha: 27 (present record = 24)
Bravo: 15 (present record = 12)
Charlie: 33 (present record = 23)
Delta: 88 (present record = 77)
Echo: 18 (present record = 25)
HHC: 16 (present record = 9)

Total: 197 (present record = 162)

Take Care My Brothers…and…Hope to see you in Reno!

Jerry
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: Delta Company - 2010 Reno Reunion

Postby Delta75 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Hello Delta Company....the Reno reunion was excellent! Barbara and I are still here...will leave tomorrow. Not sure yet as to the final count...looks like over 300 counting guests. Delta, with somewhere around 50 men won the high attendance trophy back from Charlie Company who had somewhere around 30 men. Delta 3rd platoon beat back Tim Miller's 2nd platoon challenge and won the first Delta high attendance trophy...2nd had 10 and 3rd had 21 (1st platoon had 11). I will try to get the final attendance numbers for you as soon as possible. I would guess that we had ~100 men from the 6/31st...so we didn't beat our San Antonio record of 162. We had well over 200 6/31st men who had said that they would attend...usually about 75% who say they will attend actually attend....however, this time, as you can see, less than 50% actually attended. This same % held true for Delta Company...90 said that they planned to attend, and, as previously noted, we had ~50 actually attend.

BTW: Darwin Betzer (3rd platoon: 1968) has the 6/31st High Attendance trophy (it was 3rd platoon's turn) and Chuck Barr (3rd platoon: 1968) has the Delta Company High Attendance trophy. Next year, if Delta again wins the 6/31st High Attendance trophy, it will be Weapon's Platoon's turn to carry the trophy home....and....if 3rd platoon again wins the Delta Company High Attendance trophy, it will be a man from 1969 who is awarded the trophy to carry home.

In summary...Tim Miller did an absolutely awesome job on the reunion...it was GREAT!

Later

Jerry
Delta75

Return to “Delta Company”