3rd Platoon (Summer of 1969) - Rice for People in Vinh Kim

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

3rd Platoon (Summer of 1969) - Rice for People in Vinh Kim

Postby Delta75 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Hello 3rd Platoon (Summer of 1969),

I am happy to report that in response to the following email, 3rd platoon (Summer of 1969) has donated $690 to the "Rice for the People in Vinh Kim" campaign. This will provide enough money to buy 23 bags (100 lbs per bag) of rice, and these 23 bags will provide a month's food supply for 23 families (one bag per family).

In the past, several of you have asked if there were anything that you could do to help the people of Vinh Kim, and, up until now, I said no..they are poor, but they have plenty of food and they are happy. The exception being when Fred Sanchez sent money to save his little buddy Locs life from tuberculosis.

Now things have changed. The economy has totally crashed in Viet Nam and many, many people have lost their jobs. At the same time, the staple of their diet, rice has escalated in price. Barbara (my wife now) says that many families are having to live on the little rice that they can afford by mixing it with water and surviving on rice soup. I am taking care of my 7 children and their families plus 3 old people that live next to our house in the village; however, I cannot help everyone who needs help such as Loc, Bach (the young boy who served as our Tiger Scout), and several Coke Kids.
Last edited by Delta75 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Rice For Vietnam

Postby Ron » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:05 am

I truly repsect the actions of another veteran in helping out a country in need such as Jerry White is doing. But, if anyone questions the means or truthfulness of others there are other channels to honor the wishes of individuals. Your donations will be accepted to be used towards, again, Vietnam or any other country if you so choose.
My wife Jan and I have been doing this over the years through an organization calledhttp://www.christianchildrensfund.org/content.aspx?id=770
Clicking on the directed link will take you to Vietnam area of donations as there are others too as shown on the 'home' page.

The CCF is a trusted organization and with the hoidays fast approaching there will be many charity organizations looking for contributions in this depressing economy. Whichever way you decide to go I'm sure it will be warmly appreciated by those in need.

Keep up the good work, Jerry!
Delta75

Rice Money for the people of Vinh Kim

Postby Delta75 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:17 am

3rd Platoon (The men from the Summer of 1969) has now contributed $1,740 to purchase rice for the families in Vinh Kim. This money will purchase 57 bags (100 lbs per bag) of rice and will feed 57 families for at least a month. This money will be transferred today to my wife (Barbara/Tuyet) who is in Vietnam for the birth of her youngest son's first child. Barbara has already identified the families in most need of our help. These will be families that live in the areas in which we operated during the Summer of 1969, and families that still remember our platoon as "Wible's Platoon".

Take Care My Brothers
Delta75 (Jerry)
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Now that's really something!

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 am

The third platoon really stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park with this project. Jerry threw them a pitch they couldn't resist taking a swing at looks like. Congratulations to all who played a part.
Delta75

Rice Fund Letter to Delta Company

Postby Delta75 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am

Hello Delta Company (blind-copied),

I wanted to provide all of Delta Company with feedback as to how the distribution of rice from the “3rd Platoon Summer of 1969 Menâ€
Attachments
June.jpg
The coke girl.
!cid_image001.jpg@01C95C30.jpg
The older lady.

Return to “Delta Company”