Delta Dragon Sign

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Delta Dragon Sign

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:42 am

I was getting some photos together for a header about Dong Tam. One Ron suggested was of him above the Delta Dragon sign at Dong Tam. Then I found one that Dennis Nester took at Dong Tam that included the same sign.

Take a close look at both pictures. Looks like the sign was moved at some juncture. I'd guess that Dennis Nester's was where it was first.....but I never was in Delta or at Dong Tam. Anybody fill me in on this?
Attachments
Dennis_Nester_075.jpg
Dennis Nester''s photo.
Delta_Dragons.jpg
Ron Raymond's photo.
Last edited by Niner Alpha on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Delta Dragon's

Postby Ron » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 am

Niner,
From what I remember I saw the painted Delta Dragon plywood sign in Nha Be around the company CP tower. Capt. Grady Smith, Joe Mumper and others were standing near the poster in one of the photo's of the Delta Album. Tried going back into the album forum, but I see you still don't have it up and running! :(
Anyway, where the sign came from is a mystery unless MacMaster's or others know of it's origin. :?
Attachments
The_CP.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Here's another

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:42 am

Floyd Jones sent it to me this morning. Looks like maybe in the same place as the one where you had your picture taken.....only I don't see the steps and the upstairs door.

By the way, here's a round about link to your photos.

http://www.6thofthe31st.com/gallery/mai ... &g2_page=4

If you hit one of those arrows at the bottom of the page you can get to the whole Delta Album.

(Edit. April 2010. There was a major album glitch at the time of this post. Now the link shown takes you to his album.)
Attachments
Johnc5.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

While I'm on a roll

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Here is another from Ricardo Coronado. Still in another place. Looks like it's in a transition stage and just leaning up against that wall.
Attachments
dad5.jpg
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Rolling along with ya!

Postby Ron » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Rolando Santiago is the indiviual in the last posting, Robert. He's shown to be in our Nha Be perimeter and it could be taken just before the unit moved down to Dong Tam as a Sept. date is showing. Wonder if it was just taken down from the watch tower?
Alright, who's next in posting something? :)
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Delta Dragon Sign

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Found this one while looking for something else. Names are Ron Ayers, Tim Miller, Mike Hibi, and Doug Green.
Attachments
RonAyers_TimMiller_MikeHibi_DougGreen.sized.jpg

Return to “Delta Company”