Lots of interesting comments in the guestbook

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Lots of interesting comments in the guestbook

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:07 pm

For some reason there is more activity involving Charlie Company in the guestbook than in this forum. Although this forum is a more user friendly, as to edit feature if registered, and string connection and picture posting and site linking, and topic creating, etc., than the guestbook, I am glad for any activity in either place. If you are from Charlie company be sure to scroll through the guest book and see the posts. It doesn't bother me if you respond to posts there either, since I paid extra to have the feature as well as no popups.
dankelley47brightnet

WORST OF TIMES

Postby dankelley47brightnet » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:22 pm

I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH BRUCE SWADNER AND PLT MEMBER FRED GOTTWALD [C CO-3RD PLT 6/31} AND DISCUSSED SEVERAL INCIDENTS WHE WE HAD KIAs. THE FIRST WAS ANGEL HERNANDEZ [PONCHO ] WAS KIA 2ND TIGER SCOUT 'TOE' WAS KIA AND THE 3RD WAS A CO SIZE INCIDENT WHEN 1ST PLT WITH LT GREEN AND CAPT HONZO WERE PINNED DOWN AND 3RD PLT EXTRACTED THEM. THERE WERE SEVERAL KILLED THAT DAY FROM 1ST PLT ONE OF WHICH WAS A GUY I CALLED "TENNESSEE', WHO FREQUENTLY PAYED HOOPS AT THE 3RD PLT OUTDOOR GYM NEXT TO THE CESS POOL.
BRUCE GAVE ME THE TOC REPORTS ON SOME OF THOSE INCIDENT AND EVEN THOUGH BRIEF RAPIDLY RETURNED ME TO THOSE TIMES. FRED GOTTWALD ,BEING AMEMBER OF THE PLT HAD ALOT MORE DETAILS
THESE TYPES OF REPLIES ARE WHAT HAS SPURRED MY INTEREST IN THIS WEB SITE
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A RELIABLE WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH KIA FAMILY MEMBERS OR AT LEAST THE ONES WHO WISH TO MAKE CONTACT? DAN KELLEY
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: WORST OF TIMES

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:43 pm

Dan, one thing you can do is go to the Wall Site and go to the listing for the soldier you remember. When you get to the page you will be given an option to leave a message. In the message is a link for leaving an email address. I did it just now for a guy I remember to see how it would work. Give it a try.
Bill McMullen

The Wall

Postby Bill McMullen » Sun May 11, 2003 6:36 am

You can also go to http://www.thevirtualwall.org and post memorials for your fallen comrades. You can post pictures of them also. There is a search database included to find your friends.

Return to “Charlie Company”