names from award orders recently dug up

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory,photo, greeting or question. If nothing else post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
jodon
Sustaining Member

names from award orders recently dug up

Postby jodon » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:25 am

Purple Heart---Michael Poplin-Sgt-July 31-70---David Magaha-sgt-July 31-1970- both Co B-
Bronze Star for Service-James Kozlowski-sp4-Co.B-1-70 to 7-70-----Army Com for Heroism--David Magaha-sgt-Co.B-31 July
Joe Rauscher

Names from award orders

Postby Joe Rauscher » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:07 am

jodon,
I hope I'm not repeating this. I tried to post once but haven't seen the posting. I'm posting this for two reasons. The first and most important to me is the name James Kozlowski. Jim and I hung out a little before the service. We were drafted at the same time but were not in touch at that time. We ended up in basic together, right down to the same squad. Then AIT together, again in the same squad. I went to Co.C 6/31 in Sept of 69, Jim went to Germany. I didn't even know he ended up in the 6/31 until I got home. I then found out he died of wounds received in July of 1970. Another point of interest, Jim and I were born on the same day. The second reason is that if you think someone is interested in these awards orders, I still have most of mine. Thanks for reading this.

Joe Rauscher
jodon
Sustaining Member

Re: Names from award orders

Postby jodon » Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:11 am

Joe- A couple of the guys mentioned that they would be interested in the names of 6th 0f 31st guys from my award orders. I was glad to have something to post. I left Nam naked on a stretcher from being wounded on coincidently July 31st as well, So I had no souvineers or momentoes to share and almost all the pictures I sent home were lost. Posting the names was for the purpose of seeing if they wouild ring a bell with anyone, maybe bring back a memory of an old buddy,like it seems to have done with you.

Return to “Bravo Company”