Rare memento now on ebay

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Rare memento now on ebay

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:19 am

Just happened to notice this as I get emails from ebay every day on what people list under the heading of 31st infantry. Happened to see this this morning. It is ... to my mind...not a doubt genuine. There were only a hundred or two of them ever made in about July of 1970. Capt Olson had them made. He just neglected to have them made with pins attached so he got some pin attachments made up and each pin was "assembled" at the company by attaching the pin brace to the back of the Ace with some tape like we used to cover field maps. The tape on mine is still holding strong after all these years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31ST-INFANTRY-A ... 6016.l4276

I sent the guy a question as to where he got it. If he answers me back and actually knows the original owner.. I got a feeling the original owner is deceased. Maybe not. Chances are the seller has no idea who brought it home.

The one in the photos attached are mine... just so as not to confuse.
Attachments
DSC05943.jpg
DSC05944.jpg

Return to “Alpha Company”