Anybody remember Rorie, 2nd Platoon, 1970?

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Anybody remember Rorie, 2nd Platoon, 1970?

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed May 04, 2016 2:28 pm

There was a publication printed in 1970 twice by the 3rd Brigade of the 9th. The second printing was edited to include some new photos. One set of photos that were new were taken either late June or early July of 1970. I happened to be in one of them and remember the circumstance and remember the guy who took the photos, although if I ever knew his name I have long since forgotten it. There has been a question on another site about that publication and this has brought a question to my mind.

The guy that took the photo... credited as "Rorie"... was actually a guy who had just gotten out of the field from 2nd Platoon Alpha 6/31st and given the job of photographer with the 3rd Brigade HQ. He hadn't been with Alpha all that long but the new CO saw him one day in the field with the sole of one of his boots flapping and figured he was ready for a get out the field job.

What interests me is that we don't have a Rorie in our large extended Roster... the lot larger one than what is here on the site containing names of guys who have signed the guestbook over the years.

I'll attach the cover of the magazine and the page that has photos that the guy I remember took. By the way, I'm the guy pulling the radio off of the RTO"s back. That RTO was one of the only two Colonel's RTO's I ever saw in the field. Maybe the Colonel brought them along for the photo shoot. In any case, Col. Gearin never made the magazine.
Attachments
img022.jpg
img023.jpg

Return to “Alpha Company”