Looking for information on Alpha guys

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Looking for information on Alpha guys

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:32 pm

If anybody looking at this knows if any of these guys are still alive and where they may be or how they may be contacted......or if you are one of these guys.... please let me know. We are trying to locate them because they are among a few on our 2000 plus roster with no clue about even if they are still alive or not. Jerry White, our records keeper of long standing, would like to know.

Peter Boratea is alive and one guy is in contact with him and Pete wishes to remain in the shadows and anonymous.

Niner@6thofthe31st.com

Clarence D. Arwood SSG 1968
Peter F. Boratea Medic 1970
Gary Chaler PFC 1970
Cedric Fail PFC 1970
Michael E. Gorecki 1LT 1969
William E. Hatmaker 1968/69
Donald R. Ipema 1970
Franklin Loriaux ?
David Marvin 1970
Ronald McDonnell, Medic, 1969
Anthony McGlory PFC 1970
Luther E. Rollins 1967/68
Romus L. Trotter 1968
Larry Kerbow Sp4 1969 2nd Plt
Richard P. Mehrer SFC 1970
Larry H. Nesland SGT 1968
Ron Strumpler ?
lnesland

Re: Looking for information on Alpha guys

Postby lnesland » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Larry Nesland is alive and well, in Loveland, CO. He is interested in attending reunion, is there anyone attending from his company?
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:23 pm

Larry, good to see you respond. We don't know how many Alpha guys will show up. But we do know this.... more Alpha guys will know about this reunion than ever knew about any other reunion of Alpha Company. We even wanted to find you.

I was in Alpha in 1970. I'm organizing the reunion. Several guys I served with I know are going. I can't say how many from 1968... but I'm sure many that you would have served with will know about it.

Our totals are growing every day. This is the first ever stand alone reunion. It may or may not be the last. Please consider attending.
lnesland

Postby lnesland » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Will there be a list of people attending? I would really like to met up with vets I was together with. Please let me know if there is a list.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:49 pm

Larry , the list grows every day. And... I haven't sorted them by company and year yet. I think Jerry White has done so fairly recently and he may comment. One list that is posted at this site and , mostly, up to date, is here. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3705 It's not sorted by company. Some of the people on the list haven't made a hotel reservation at our reunion headquarters yet, though most have. That doesn't mean anything either because some are coming by motor home, some are staying with relatives in proximity to the location. Some are staying at favorite hotels that they have stayed at before on visits to Branson. One guy is staying at a" pet friendly hotel". We are three months away and lots of people are still thinking about getting through the winter and haven't made the commitment of a hotel reservation. At the same time, we hear from new guys every day that say they are coming to the reunion and we expect to continue doing so. Just look at the guest book each day to see new guys posting regularly......and there are lots of guys we hear from by other means, mostly phone, that don't have a computer to sign any guest book from.

Is there anybody you remember you wonder about? If you can supply a name or names we can give you some contact information....if we have it....and we can tell you if we have heard from any of them or if we have reason to believe any of them are coming to the reunion. You can call or email or write some of them you remember from information we can give you and you can get some of them to meet you in Branson. Other guys are doing this.

Ultimately we are likely to post a list of names by company and year as we get closer to the reunion that we feel are actually going to attend.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:05 pm

Larry...email me at jerry.white1944@gmail.com and I will provide you with a list of men who have registered to-date.

Jerry White

Return to “Alpha Company”