Anybody remember Michael Sapara? 69?

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Anybody remember Michael Sapara? 69?

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:29 pm

I got this message today through the site contact email. It doesn't show this guys email but I have one from Jerry's list and sent him a message. He is listed as a genuine member of the battalion and not someone looking to work up a case without credentials.

Michael Sapara
19 E.37th st
Bayonne, N.J.

I am requesting any help for a claim for an incident that occurred during my tour of duty. It was a night operation while we were in the rice paddies. We started to take on incoming when shrapnel was hitting all around us, and I was hit on the back right shoulder area. A brother veteran by the name of Rios was also wounded.I remember it being during the dry season possibly April.It also could have been near a Arvn compound called Vinh Kim.If anyone could help me corroborate this it would be greatly appreciated.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Anybody remember Michael Sapara? 69?

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:27 pm

I got this in reply to an email to him.

Dear Bob,
Thank you so much for answering my e-mail. I tried to sign the guestbook, but I must have did something wrong. I'm not computer savy.

I served with Alpha 6/31st 69-70. I'm requesting any help for a claim for a incident that occurred during my tour of duty that began in Feb.My CO at the time was Capt.Nicolini. It was a night operation while we were in the rice paddies we started to take on incoming. Shrapnel hit all around us, and was hit on the back right shoulder area.I remember it was the dry season, possibly April. I mentioned previous Firebase Moore, but it also could've been near a ARVN compound Vinh KIM. A brother vet by the name of Rios was also wounded. If you or anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

In Brotherhood
Michael Sapara
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:41 pm

Other injured man would have probably been Felix Rios...his email is on the 6/31st roster...will not insert it here due to security concerns.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm in contact with him Delta75. I sent him the Rios contacts. There were two but I think you nailed it as to which one. I told him this.

Return to “Alpha Company”