The A Company FO team, late March, early April 1970

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The A Company FO team, late March, early April 1970

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:11 pm

Left to right. Gene Cruise (spelling), E4 recon Sgt. 1st Lt. Jerry Holderness, FO, Pfc. Robert Stewart, Rto. This was taken at the dock at the Navy base at Ben Luc. I can still hear the roar of the air conditioners in the state side looking buildings.

Gene Cruise, not very many days after this picture, was wounded and went back to the world which was during the same action that John Bullock was wounded for the first time. Jerry Holderness, a Westpoint grad, went on to 2/4th Arty headquarters as adjutant when promoted to captain. He, at the time of Desert Storm, was a colonel in a reserve outfit in I think New Mexico. The other guy is me and I never was wounded nor did I ever amount to anything in the military.
Attachments
team1.jpg
Last edited by Niner Alpha on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The FO team as it was in about July of 1970

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:22 pm

E4 FO Robert Stewart calling in marking round fire mission somewhere south of Chamberlain. RTO is E4 Joe Delgato. Joe Delgato was wounded and left the field the same time as "Jodon" was wounded. The last RTO was Bill Bell. He went on to the 101st after the 9th pulled out and became a Recon Sgt.
Attachments
26413573_G.jpg

Return to “Alpha Company”