Mike Premo

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
jtier
Sustaining Member

Mike Premo

Postby jtier » Fri May 23, 2008 11:03 pm

I gave Mike Premo a call tonight. He was quite suprised to hear from me and called it a "blast from the past".

We had a good talk and he may be going to the CA reunion. He said it would be great to Mike Kirby and Jimmy Apel again.

It would certainly be good to get together again with the platoon members again. :D

Jim
Attachments
Premo.jpg
Lt. Premo
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat May 24, 2008 2:40 pm

That's great Jim.

What was order of succession? Premo was a 1st Platoon leader, right? He would have followed who? Gorecki. Was there someone between Gorecki and Premo leading 1st? I think there was for a very short time. After Premo would have to be Lt. Lawrence....I'm pretty sure.

Gorecki would have been there at the end of 69 and maybe real early 70. Premo served as a platoon leader under Lavazzi and got to be XO under Captain Olsen from about June of 70 until probably the end.

Now if somebody could get 2nd platoon's Moynahan to show up that would collect Lavazzi as CO, and platoon leaders from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd that all served under him in 1970. And if Top shows up and the old XO under Lavazzi...what's his name....Morgan?...that would be a full set of Alpha officers from the same period of time. Of course if officer FO's could be gotten it would really complete the set..Logan and Holderness from December of 69 until late May of 1970..
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Somebody help me out here

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat May 24, 2008 6:06 pm

After further thought I wonder if Premo wasn't 2nd platoon and made Cambodia and was out of the field shortly after. But if he remembered Mike and Apel...then I was probably on the right track the first time.

I remember the day before the Cambodia thing I had hitched a ride, with permission, from Chamberlain to Ben Luc to get some clean clothes and a razor to shave...Lavazzi noticed I hadn't shaved in a while. When I got to Ben Luc, Morgan, the XO, had a fit said I needed to get back to Chamberlain because something big was coming down. Me and another guy that had hitched a ride back and a couple of other guys from Ben Luc took a jeep back all the way to Chamberlain in late afternoon because no choppers to take us. Or was Premo out of the field and Morgan just kind of a lame duck waiting for assignment?

Could it be Premo had taken over for Moynahan in 2nd platoon originally? I think Lawrence was likely the new guy in the Lt platoon leader business at that time and did make Cambodia.

It's hell getting old. Can't sort it out at the moment. Somebody help me out here.

In any case, Premo, Hall and Moynahan had all served for some length of time under Lavazzi as well as did Morgan. Hall, for sure, was 3rd platoon.
jtier
Sustaining Member

Premo

Postby jtier » Sat May 24, 2008 7:51 pm

You had it right first time niner.

Premo was after Gorecki. Jackie Mc Clure and I ran the platoon between the absence of platoon leaders

Jim
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

My mistake

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Lt. Lawrence was platoon leader of 2nd Platoon. He served most of the same time as Lt. Premo. Lawrence had nothing to do with 1st Platoon.

Return to “Alpha Company”