Goofy Grapes real name?

Fall in. Answer up. Be accounted for. Post a memory, photo, greeting or question. If nothing else, post that you are still alive because some of us are likely to be glad you did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Goofy Grapes real name?

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:03 pm

Somebody told me once. Was it you Jim?

Goofy Grape was the nick name for the Lt. of the 2nd Platoon in mid 1970. I today got an email that brought the subject up and the writer couldn't remember either.

Once I was at Tra Cu working in the TOC and was given the task of walking over to the officers hooch and telling "Goofy Grape" that his platoon had been selected to go out on ambush that night. I went on my way to the officers hooch and suddenly couldn't think of what Goofy Grapes real last name was. But being brave I just entered the hooch where I found Lt Hall of 3rd Platoon and Lt. Premo of 1st Platoon and a couple or three of the platoon sgts. holding some kind of meeting. Unfortunately the second platoon leader wasn't there so I couldn't just walk up to him and give him the news. I stood there for a moment feeling like an idiot. Then when asked gruffly what I wanted I could think of nothing but to say I had a message for "Goofy Grape". You could have heard a pin drop for a moment or two while they decided what kind of fool I was. Then, as it happened the platoon sgt for 2nd was there and he volunteered to take the message.

Goofy Grape was the image on an ersatz brand of coolaid at the time you will remember.
Theodore Wylie

2nd Plat LT

Postby Theodore Wylie » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:48 pm

Robert: I believe the name you are looking for is 1ST LT Moynahan. Pretty sure this is who we called Goofy-Grape. Also in the ACV picture I believe I'm the 3rd guy from the left from the face and hair features.
Theodore Wylie

register

Postby Theodore Wylie » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:53 pm

I think I finally figured it out. Thanks Robert...
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Thanks Ted

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:33 pm

For registering and for remembering the name.

Return to “Alpha Company”