Newsletter

This forum was created for information about the very successful first battalion stand alone reunion in June of 2015. It remains to remember the success and perhaps to encourage planning of another such reunion in the future.

Moderators: Delta75, Niner Alpha

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Newsletter

Postby Niner Delta » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:35 pm

I see the latest 31st Infantry Regiment Assoc. newsletter has this to say on page 3.

"6/31 Infantry Reunion
The 6th Battalion 31st Infantry is having a stand-alone reunion on June 4-6 in Branson MO, the Branson
Towers Hotel. A memorial service is planned. There's plenty to do in the area. Contact Robert Stewart at
niner@6thofthe31st.com or 251-344-6254 between 10 AM and 4 PM."

No further comment from me.......... 8)
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: Newsletter

Postby Delta75 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:02 pm

First we complained because we thought that there was no mention of our 6/31st Reunion in the 31st Regiment Association Newsletter.

Then after we discovered that they really had mentioned our reunion, we complain about its location and briefness.

Come on guys....check out the title of the newsletter..."Pro Patria Press"...its their newsletter, did you really expect equal billing? :D

The way that I look at it is that the details of both reunions have been provided to our 6/31st men. For men who can afford to attend only one reunion, they can now compare and choose. After both reunions have been completed, we can compare the reunion results. As my mother used to say, "The proof is in the pudding".

One thing is quite clear, and that is the different approaches taken to notify the 6/31st men of the two reunions. The 31st Regiment Association itself pretty much restricts its reunion notification to members of the Association by communicating their reunion via their newsletter. Thus if one were to check the 6/31st roster for members of the Association, one would find ~260 members. The notification approach utilized for the 6/31st reunion was not restricted to members, because there are no "members". The 6/31st reached out via emails, postcards, letters, and/or phone calls, to everyone for whom we had an email address, mailing address, and/or phone number on the 6/31st roster, and checking the 6/31st roster, one would find that to equate to ~2,200 men.

Enough said....Delta75...out.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:53 am

You are right. I was surprised they mentioned our reunion at all even after being told months ago that they would.

Everybody does have to think about the differences between the two reunions this year. And I don't mean just the cost of attending. There won't be a 6/31st reunion next year or any other year in the future unless somebody steps up to make one. And we know that's not likely to happen.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:46 pm

I never complained about anything, merely that I saw it in the newsletter.
Since I won't be attending either one, I'll leave the comments to others............... 8)
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:28 pm

It was me Vern and not you that Jerry was targeting. I put the cost difference in a post and added my sales pitch that was pretty much not flattering to the Association. I deleted my post when it was pointed out that I was, rightly noted, being negative in regard to the 31st Association that I shouldn't be antagonizing. But it is hard for me sometimes when I think of how much I think the Association has dropped the ball over the years.

Return to “6/31st Stand Alone Reunion Project June 2015”