The Memorial service news

This forum was created for information about the very successful first battalion stand alone reunion in June of 2015. It remains to remember the success and perhaps to encourage planning of another such reunion in the future.

Moderators: Delta75, Niner Alpha

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The Memorial service news

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:05 am

Jerry White and Mike Moynahan have been working on the memorial service planned for Branson on Saturday June 6, at 10 am. They came the conclusion that as large as the expected reunion attendance has become, with still two months to go for even more people to commit, that we were going to need a bigger space than the hotel could provide and some equipment assistance to do it right. So they asked our service representative in Branson for some help. And she delivered:

I am very excited and I do believe you will be also.

I had a meeting this afternoon with the Starlite Theatre which is next to Angel Inn by the Strip. They hold a large number of seats in their auditorium and have about 6 shows that perform there. I spoke with the manager about letting us have a service on Saturday morning for possibly 150 people or more. She told me that if you would like to have your service there they would love to accommodate us!! I also spoke with the sound technician and he is going to run the system during that time frame. Mike, we could move forward with what you would need. You would have 2 to 3 large screens, a CD with music would be fine on the sound system, I will provide a podium, they will have a microphone to use, and if you had your information on flash drive or DVD the tech said he didn't think there would be any problem. I told her 10 am on Sat the 6th of June for possibly 2 hours? She wanted to know if it would be okay at the end of the service for " Billy Dean" to come out on stage and performed a song for the veterans. It is a special thank you for all you have done. This meeting space would be free of charge. I would have a few things to bring them and they would like me to forward you their show information and veterans discounts for any of your group that would like to see a performance at that theatre during or after your stay.

I would really like your feed back before I commit. I myself think it is wonderful.

Below I have attached a link to the theatre so that you can see where I am taking about. Please don't order tickets yet though!!! haha... I am sure

if you decided to do that at some point we will get you or whoever would want to go a great discount later.

http://www.starlitetheatre.com/

I will be awaiting your emails.

Misty Mulkey

Group Sales Manager
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: The Memorial service news

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:19 pm

There is also another surprise about this memorial service that is in the nascent stage at the moment but will prove to be a first for any 6/31st gathering since Vietnam when it happens.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:44 pm

The star who will sing a song at our memorial service for free is appearing at the Starlite Theater. The Starlite Theater is offering their facilities for the Memorial service at no charge to us. It is likely we will be getting some discount ticket information for his shows shortly. News about this to follow. Attached is his flyer announcing his scheduled performances.
Attachments
ScanImage001.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Mike Moynahan is now in primary charge of this event and will be in charge of orchestrating and directing the proceedings. I can also announce that it has been arranged that the battalion color will be at the reunion. Col Gearin's family, who has finial custody of the flag that Col. Gearin had in his possession, is sending the flag to Col. Jack Logan for him to bring to our reunion for this memorial service. It will be the first time this flag will be reunited with the veterans it represents since the battalion left Vietnam in September of 1970.
Attachments
col jack.jpg

Return to “6/31st Stand Alone Reunion Project June 2015”