How about a Branson fun event for those who are interested

This forum was created for information about the very successful first battalion stand alone reunion in June of 2015. It remains to remember the success and perhaps to encourage planning of another such reunion in the future.

Moderators: Delta75, Niner Alpha

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

How about a Branson fun event for those who are interested

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:55 am

The Showboat Branson Belle is something my wife and I would like to take in while in Branson.

The memorial event mentioned in the promotional offer isn't the Memorial Service that Jerry White is in charge of and I don't suggest it as a replacement. It was only in , what looks to be, the usual offer to a veterans group if a group showed up.

Here is a utube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7-qzzOJtYk

You can also look it up online.

LEFT CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO READ THEM BETTER.
Attachments
ScanImage001.jpg
ScanImage002.jpg
Menue.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: How about a Branson fun event for those who are interest

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:48 pm

Here's another wrinkle to add to the mix. If we contract with Ride the Ducks to take us to the Branson Belle and back we get the one hour tour before the Belle event. That includes the ride to various sites of interest around the Branson location, including to the top of the tallest hill or mountain and a trip into a water for a ride... old military Ducks have to be shown off you know. The usual tour is $25.50 , give or take a few cents, each person. If we take the Ducks as transportation to the Branson Belle and back we also get the tour for $28.00 each ( $24.19 plus tax and captain's gratuity) as part of the package. But... adding to the $48.36 per person, ($45 per person plus tax and gratuity), for the cruise, dinner, entertainment event that would bump the whole thing up to $76.36 per person. But if we take other transportation directly there and then back it's looking like about $64 each person at the moment. And yet again if we get into individual cars and drive the 8 or 9 miles there is no expense to that and the tickets are $48.36 each including tax and gratuity.

Any thoughts?

We'd need at least 30 people to be able to take the Duck offer.

I'll be emailing some alternatives in a week or two when we have about 60 people interested in the boat by itself. At the moment I count 28 people that are interested in the Branson Bell adventure.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Jerry and I agree that the best plan is to use the Duck tour and transportation with the Branson Belle dinner-entertainment-cruise. I've sent out emails to everyone on the email list. It says this:

I am orchestrating a side event for the 6/31st reunion that anyone attending can participate in if they put their name in the pot soon. The Event is a dinner-cruise- and show on the Branson Belle with an hour long tour before and transportation to and from the Belle by old Army Ducks used as a tourist amusement. The date will be June 5, 2015. The Ducks will leave and return to our Branson Towers hotel. You can google Branson Belle and Ride the Ducks online.

The total cost of the whole Ducks and Belle adventure will run approximately, assuming we have the kind of numbers interested that we expect, $76 per person including group discounts. If you go to my website you can get more general information and updates as we go along. Click on this link to take you to the string to keep you informed and updated. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3722

If you are interested let me know in the next few days so I can get an idea of the number of people to count in on this adventure. When I have expected numbers of people counted I'll email you with the fixed price of this event. Then if you want to have a reserved seat you will need to give me a deposit of some nominal amount for each ticket to be stated later and the balance owed will have to be paid by a few weeks before the reunion.

As of now there are about 30 people I know who are interested in the Branson Belle and most haven't been told about the Duck side trip. Each Duck holds about 30 people. I would like to fill slots for 60 people to insure the $76 total price. If we get more people it's no problem, at the moment, the costs could lower on the Branson Belle percentage of the price if this turns out to be the case. If you don't opt into this side event in the near future you will be locked out later after set agreements are made with the Belle and the Ducks. So... if interested ...you need to let me know in the next several days.

Robert Stewart
Reunion Coordinator
6thofthe31st.com

If you weren't on the email list and are interested let me know you are interested at niner@6thofthe31st.com
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:50 pm

If you are interested in the Branson Belle cruise and just want tickets and can get to the boat on your own, let me know and it is possible I can include you in the group price of the tickets and get them for you at a discount. But our main focus is to get people who want to take the Ducks and the cruise in order to be sure we have enough people to fill as many Ducks as we need to fill.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Here is some more about the Duck ride:

The Table Rock Lake Adventure has been Branson's most famous sightseeing excursion for over 40 years! This 70 min tour includes the famed Hwy 76 Country Music Blvd, Green Mountain Drive; and includes a journey out of town into the Ozark Mountains, across the Table Rock Lake Dam, a climb up Baird Mountain to see our collection of historic military vehicles. And, of course, a splashdown and cruise of the stunning Table Rock Lake!

The Showboat Branson Belle is located along our tour route, so it is an ideal "stop" within the tour - with a seamless transition for drop-off and pick-up. Also, the Showboat is gracious enough to offer our Duck Captains a ticket for the meal and show so that they can stay with the group (if Duck availability permits).
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:00 pm

This is how the event will proceed. We will be doing the 4 pm show schedule and the costs mentioned are with an assumption of under 100 people. With couples going it could be more people and if so the total cost per person of the Branson Belle part would drop a little....about $5 if I remember right.
Attachments
ScanImage001.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:16 pm

There has been a surge of requests for information by reunion attendees in the last few days about this adventure with a new influx in Bravo and Charlie guys. I've today expanded our reserved seats to allow for a larger number of participants than originally anticipated. But all money must be in by the end of April so I can pay the Belle and the Ride the Ducks by the first week in May. I would like to have all checks in hand no later than April 27, 2015.

It is perfectly fine to opt out of the Ride the Ducks and just take the Branson Belle Dinner Cruise at a cost of $48.36 per person including tax and gratuity if you like.

The cost for both the Ride the Ducks and the Dinner cruise is $76.36 per person.

Return to “6/31st Stand Alone Reunion Project June 2015”