New Branson target and status as of now 12/28

This forum was created for information about the very successful first battalion stand alone reunion in June of 2015. It remains to remember the success and perhaps to encourage planning of another such reunion in the future.

Moderators: Delta75, Niner Alpha

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

New Branson target and status as of now 12/28

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:36 pm

As of the moment, I've received a few positive responses to the new target location. At least one has let me know that he didn't get the email asking for a reaction to the change in location so I'm going to send out another mass email tomorrow asking again for responses from those who are seriously interested.

I don't foresee any problem in getting a location in Branson. I've gotten another lead today on a different place that I hadn't placed a question with and Jerry has just yesterday told me of one of his Delta guys that has a relative in the Branson chamber of commerce tourist promotion business. The largest problem is if there is enough interest left after the failed attempt to nail down a location and agenda for Nashville. This was my fault for letting the Nashville search drag on so long without any positive result. However, now with less seeming interest, nobody would want to show up to the first ever stand alone battalion reunion and find that only a dozen people have shown up. And I don't want to go ahead with this if it is likely to turn out like that. And... granted... we would expect to reach out to a lot of guys who haven't heard about any of this reunion stuff before because they aren't computer addicted and who only have mail addresses and, or , phone numbers. But if the ones we can easily reach aren't much interested we are doomed from the start.

I think there is a reunion event still very possible. And it's possible to have it and it be a big success. But.... we have to get some support generated now to make it happen.

Here are ALL the positive responses I've gotten so far from the email I recently sent out:

I would be interested in attending in Branson,
Thanks
Joe Knaebel

Robert.
I am committed to attend wherever you hold the reunion. My main concern, and I know yours also, is how many will attend. When you throw in air fare the cost for a couple is sizable. I hope we can pull this off but attendance is all important.
Thanks for all you do for all of us.
Jack Logan.

Cost for Branson looks OK
Bruce K.

I still prefer Nashville, easier for a flight destination, if another date (is that an option ?) doesn’t work for Nashville I would still plan to attend at Branson. I’m okay with either option, thinking the first may give some more flexibility rather than being locked into a “package”. Thanks for your hard work and update.
Gary Weckwerth

I would be open to the new venue if it works out.
Terry Munson

Dear rob, I would be interested in making it.
Thanks, tom miller

I'm still in.
Bob Mutascio

Robert,
We are still interested and whichever venue you choose is fine with me.
Rick Mickels

Price is OK.
Let me check on how the location fits for that timeframe.
Mike Harter

What about accommodations for a motor home within the scope of the hotels. There
was one we visited last year and they had spaces for motor homes.
Sent from my Huawei Mobile ctstradley

Yes I am interested and would probably attend with my wife.
Sssinviola@ mchsi.com

Yes, we are interested in the revised plan. Those prices are suitable to our budget and Branson sounds like a good location.We would plan on attending.
Lawrence Hurley

I will be there, I hope I see Dennis Walker, what a soldier he was! Robert keep me informed....Charlie Salisbury

Robert
Although I turned down Nashville, my wife and I are very interested in Branson. We definitely will attend. We would like a double, non-smoking (if it's offered) at the Grand Plaza. Early June is a good time for us.
Dave Rice

I and my events planner would be very interested and have no problem with the cost as of today.
Floyd Jones.

Brason is ok with me. My wife and I do plan to attend if at all possible.
Thanks,
Nelton Hill

Pat and Al Warnecke would be interested in attending. Thanks for the info.

John Bayer would attend.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: New Branson target and status as of now

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: New Branson target and status as of now 12/28

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Return to “6/31st Stand Alone Reunion Project June 2015”