The stand alone reunion choice emails are out

This forum was created for information about the very successful first battalion stand alone reunion in June of 2015. It remains to remember the success and perhaps to encourage planning of another such reunion in the future.

Moderators: Delta75, Niner Alpha

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The stand alone reunion choice emails are out

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:14 pm

The emails are out and there have been a lot of responses. We are also hearing from guys that had not answered the original emails about the reunion asking if there was interest. That's good. The more people we can get interested the more successful the reunion will ultimately be .

One of the things I am noticing is that more than I expected are telling me that they have never attended a 31st Regiment reunion before but are looking forward to this battalion reunion. Looks like there will be some new re-connections after all these years.

The vote will continue for a few days to be sure any who may be mulling it over, or who may not be reading their emails, get a chance to respond. I know several that I expect to state their preferences who haven't yet. When we judge it is time to close it off we will tally up the choices for either Branson or Nashville and then look at the months of choice and announce the location and time frame.

If you did not get an email asking for your vote you can still vote by contacting me and include you choices along with your name.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: The stand alone reunion choice emails are out

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:09 pm

As of the moment we have received choices from over 50 guys expressing their preferences. We have also received only three replies from guys who said they are not going to consider the reunion because of various reasons.

We are going to leave the vote open at least through the weekend to allow those that may be mulling it over time to get their responses in. However, at the moment, Nashville has about a ten vote lead on Branson. But the end isn't here yet and the lead could change. I would think we would get several times ten votes more before this vote is declared over. At the same time, May and June are only one vote apart. April is about ten votes behind.

Incidentally... if guys say either location is fine I give each half a point. If one location is mentioned as preferable to the other but both are fine I give the point to the one preferred . If someone mentions two months as equal I give each of those two months a half point. If all of the months are equally good I give each month a third of a point. If one month is preferred and another is ok, I give the preferred month the point.

After this business is settled and announced as to location and general time there will be a time for researching hotel facilities, costs and actual dates. This stage will require a committee to bounce some ideas around and discuss the alternatives of what we research and find out about actual site locations and what structure we want this reunion to have. If we decide we need seed money by way of a "registration fee" or whatever you want to call it, this has to be mulled over and what we need it for and how we plan to use it stated to those that we ask to pay it. Once we have these items on the stove, with the heat turned on, we will need to work on a plan to be sure and reach out to as many 6/31st men as we can that we have some means of reaching.

We need someone from every company to participate in this organizing committee. We have several guys who have helped so far working with contacting members of their companies or platoons. They are committee members by their actions, unless they don't want to be. However, we need somebody from Charlie Company and somebody from Bravo company and somebody from Headquarters Company to join the committee in particular. At the same time, I think it would be a benefit if at least most of the committee be willing to participate in live group conference call from time to time using Skype or other free social media. But...no volunteer nor assistance nor input of ideas will be turned down or ignored. Jerry White, our co-chairman, has communication limitations beyond email in his present circumstanes.....so the group conference call would only be a plus factor and not a requirement.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: The stand alone reunion choice emails are out

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:06 pm

The vote count ends Monday morning. Anybody who wants to get their choices in who haven't responded has until whenever I get up and have my coffee made Monday morning. So far I've acknowledged every vote I've gotten to show that it's recorded. If you attempted to send a response and it wasn't answered it's only because I didn't get it.

Return to “6/31st Stand Alone Reunion Project June 2015”