A Christmas gift from my daughter and a video I just made

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

A Christmas gift from my daughter and a video I just made

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:57 pm

She gave me some video editing software. I tried it out creating a video with images from the Branson Reunion. I just uploaded it to Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/249016843
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: A Christmas gift from my daughter and a video I just made

Postby Delta75 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Very nice work!
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:20 am

It wasn't hard to do. Could have done different formats and different music too. Haven't tried it on actual camera made video yet. That's next. What I was using was from Coral Video Studio Ultimate X10. And Vimeo is free for sharing as long as you don't upload a file much larger than the video I made.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Postby Ron » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:13 am

Interesting piece of video work, Robert. Surprising what we can do with the available software out there when you have the time to put it all together. Thanks for the video show and Happy New Year!
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:31 am

That Branson reunion was a high water mark in reuniting guys from not just their own companies but from other companies from the battalion. Back in the day a guy could complete a tour in one company and never get to actually know or talk to guys in other companies. It was nearly the same with guys from one platoon to another within a company. There was also a pecking order of seasoned veterans and newer guys. Then there was a real gulf between the ranks, between officers and enlisted,between lifers and draftees, between ticket punchers and guys just trying to stay alive long enough to get out of the Army. At reunions we find that time has changed all of that. It's just the memory of the experience that we all shared some part in that remains and we are more open to communicate on an even basis as old men. We take great joy in telling one another stories that even our wives and close kin have never heard. It is a great release of emotions and memories we have bottled up for decades. The great gulf that may have existed between many of us has become a wading pool and that reunion was import because that realization struck home in a rewarding way.

My old FO was there. The one I took over for as a PFC. He was a West Pointer and had been promoted to captain to get out of the field. He was a down to earth decent guy back then, and at the same time, very competent as an officer. He retired some years ago as a full colonel. I got out of the Army as a full Spec 4, side sink and parking lot guard man. I was truly glad that he came to the reunion and was glad to see him again. I think he was glad to see me too. We had gone through some things together back then that were about as rough as my tour, and certainly his, ever got.
Attachments
DSC01340.jpg

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”