The 31st Regiment Association

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The 31st Regiment Association

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm

As anyone who knows me is aware , I have little respect for the "leaders" of the 31st Regiment Association going back more than a few years. I don't think any of them have ever had much of a sense of responsibility. None have considered an officer role as basically anything other than an honorary thing with no actual responsibility to do anything.

I posted this in the 31st Infantry facebook page a few minutes ago. I'll be curious to see if there is any response from "officers" of the Association.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1114809 ... 3/?fref=nf

Is the Association in hibernation mode? No newsletter since BEFORE the last reunion last August. The online website continues unfinished... like the "forum" that has never really existed and the published reunion minutes that ended with the 2015 reunion. No updates at all since before the last reunion from anywhere ,including this facebook page that is the only live source of potential contact that seems to remain. There was this letter in the mail before the August reunion stating that the Association was going to every other year reunions and fewer mailed "news letters" to be voted on at the last reunion. Of course this would have passed with the way it was set up. Do any of the officers look at this facebook page? Do any of them have any information about the Association?
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: The 31st Regiment Association

Postby Delta75 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:59 am

Heck...I can't even get to Facebook.....my first account (using my Yahoo email account) got terminated for violation of their Facebook rules. No idea what that would have been since the only "page" that I ever visited was the 31st Regiment page.....and...I seldom, if ever, posted to it. Today I tried to get a new Facebook account, using my gmail email, but Facebook would not accept my name....Jerry White...as a valid name. LOL
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 am

You didn't miss anything, Jerry. The post got two likes, one "following" and a guy saying something about everything moves slowly because guys have old age health problems. No response from any of the officers of the Association. Probably none of them look at that facebook site. Probably most guys don't care any longer and the rest won't say what they are thinking for fear of being labeled a troublemaker....like me.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Delta75 wrote:Heck...I can't even get to Facebook.....my first account (using my Yahoo email account) got terminated for violation of their Facebook rules. No idea what that would have been since the only "page" that I ever visited was the 31st Regiment page.....and...I seldom, if ever, posted to it. Today I tried to get a new Facebook account, using my gmail email, but Facebook would not accept my name....Jerry White...as a valid name. LOL

It's possible your facebook account was hacked, it is very common and has happened to several people
I know. Then the hackers posted something nasty and your account was closed. Try using your middle name or
initial just to make your name a little different.

Robert isn't labeled a troublemaker..... he IS a troublemaker.................... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 pm

You are correct, sir. I am a trouble maker. I can't help myself. :D

Why don't you get a Skype account Vern and talk to us on Thursday nights. If you like it you can talk to some Milsurp guys...like Duncan .. on Sundays too.

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”