Another 31st Regiment relic

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Another 31st Regiment relic

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:55 pm

One of my hobbies is old film cameras. I saw this on ebay. It's an old Kodak Tourist from 1952. It was owned by somebody sent to Korea to be a member of the 31st probably right about the time the shooting stopped although advertised as a "combat camera". If you are interested it might still work. You would need to spool 120 film onto a 620 spindle .. in a changing bag .. before you do though. It would be good if you used B&W and did the developing yourself and you would need a negative scanner too... otherwise the developing and printing costs could be more than you would want to spend the money on more than once.

By the way... the total cost of the camera isn't any particular bargain even if the first bid should win it. But..it looks like it has a 620 spindle in it .. which is a plus. It also has the middle grade lense of three which is a plus too. And it probably did belong to a Korean War era 31st Regiment guy.....although the "combat" part is at least questionable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331760653392?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Another 31st Regiment relic

Postby Niner Delta » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Seems he was a draftee, with a "US" service number, at least when I was in a "US" was drafted and
"RA" was someone that joined. He was there for a few months of combat if he got there in Feb. '53, as
the fighting ended in July '53. But who knows what he did or if he was in combat, not that it matters at all.

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”