Wall-of-Faces

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Jeffoverton

Wall-of-Faces

Postby Jeffoverton » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:09 pm

put a face to the name on "The Wall"

http://www.vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: Wall-of-Faces

Postby Delta75 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Niner...I checked for 6/31st men from 1968 and there are pictures available for all but 7...looks like you could copy and place on the 6/31st Wall?
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Wall-of-Faces

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:25 pm

I looked at two pages of guys that I personally knew. One had the photo that we have on our site Wall page...and they probably got it from here whomever donated it to the Wall site face project... and the other page has a photo and our Wall page has no photo at all of the man.

It's amazing to me how many of the men who died in Vietnam seem to have no family members that make any effort to see if there are any Wall pages and offer at least some memory of the man.... without even having to go to the trouble of hunting up a photo. We have been trying to get a memory of everyone who died in the 6/31st on our Wall page for a decade and there are about 45 we can't get even a memory for, much less a photo. As I get photos I add them....but it looks like not many people really care if some of these men are remembered.

Maybe some of them were so new in country that nobody really knew there name....or had much interest in knowing it.

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”