31st Regiment Website

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

31st Regiment Website

Postby Delta75 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:30 am

While the 31st Regiment website was finally re-created several months ago, its functionality is certain in question. As a matter-of-fact, I am not sure that , based upon my attempts at submitting content corrections, it should even be considered as "functional". Thank the Lord for this (Robert Stewart's) 6/31st website! Sadly, the 31st Regiment website does not even remotely approach the quality, content and functionality of this website.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: 31st Regiment Website

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue May 27, 2014 9:52 am

Thanks for that comment, Delta75, in commending the functioning of this site. This site is first class because my son made it first class and has maintained it over the years. He is a professional in computer programming and software development and works within his own incorporated company and is licensed to do business in several states. If anybody has a business need of software for some particular business system purpose or wants to have a professional looking, and functioning, website created, my son can do it. You will see the eggplant at the bottom of the page. Click on it and it will take you here: http://www.eggplant.pro/ But he doesn't work for free......except for me.

The biggest problem with the 31st Association is that they always want to do things on the cheap. They want someone to do something for them for nothing, although they seem to have many thousands of dollars in their treasury. The guy, whoever he is, that does their reborn website probably has as his chief qualification a willingness to do it for free. The problem isn't with him, in my view, it's with the leadership that won't take responsibility for making it better and spending the money needed to do it right.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: 31st Regiment Website

Postby Delta75 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Niner....I agree completely. Getting the Association to spend any of their money is like pulling teeth. At least a few within the organization (mainly Karl Lowe) understand the need, at times, to spend a little money. If not for Karl, I would never have been able to get the Association to fund the SS traces to locate our 6/31st men. I am praying that Karl is successful in fighting thru his critical health issue. Without Karl, I don't see much of a future for the 31st Association. I could be wrong, in that someone else might step forward with the same level of commitment that Karl has exemplified over the years; however, based upon what I have seen since joining the Association in 2004, I have no idea who that person might be.

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”