The KIA list is different at the 31st Assoc. Site

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The KIA list is different at the 31st Assoc. Site

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:13 am

I got an email saying my list here at this site is at variance with what the 31st Association list on the revived site shows.

> Robert....I was comparing the 6/31st Honor Roll on the 31st site to The Wall on the 6/31st site. They appear to have an additional 4 men.
> Anthony Preston Nash
> Randolph M. Tarjany
> Alan D. Trucano
> Thomas Lee Wade

I went to the National Virtual Wall page and looked for the names by first letter last name. http://www.virtualwall.org/ This is the result:

Randolph M Tajany shows A Co. 3/60th , 9th Division
Alan D. Trucano shows C Co. 4/39th
Anthony Preston Nash shows B CO, 4TH BN, 21ST INFANTRY, 11TH INFANTRY BDE,
Thomas Lee Wade shows A CO, 5TH BN, 12TH INFANTRY, 199TH INFANTRY BDE,

Maybe I'm missing something. Anybody have any information why these names should be added to the Wall at my site?
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The KIA list is different at the 31st Assoc. Site

Postby Niner Delta » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:20 am

The question isn't why are they OFF your list, it's why they are ON the 31st Assn. list.
It appears those men shouldn't be on either list.
Maybe someone at the Assn. knows why they have them listed??????

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:51 am

A message has been sent by the person asking the question to Karl Lowe at the Association. Maybe he can supply an answer. However, I doubt that Karl Lowe had anything to do with it.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Jerry White has been working on this project. The Mobile Riverine Says Anthony Preston Nash was in Delta Company 6/31st. The Virtual Wall page...linked from the front page of my site says Nash was in the 11th Infantry Brigade and killed in Quang Ngai Provence. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial page says Nash was KIA in Dinh Tuong Province...same as the Riverine...and agreeing on the 11th Infantry Brigade and not the 9th Division. All visited sources agree on a January 12, 1969 date of death.

Now... if you note that all sources agree on the date of death. On January 12, 1969 Delta Company was in a significant fight that killed, by our Wall page on this site, 8 Delta Company men. And the 6/31st Delta Company action was in Dinh Tuong Province which agrees with two of the three sources. So.....there were plenty of casualties that night. Was this guy one of them? He is said to have been killed by friendly fire....or "misadventure". How could he have been in Delta and killed on that date and not be noted in our Wall? How could that be and nobody remember him? Is it possible?

http://thewall-usa.com/info.asp?recid=37356

http://www.virtualwall.org/dn/NashAP01a.htm
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:38 am

Niner....I believe that 9 Delta men were KIA'ed that night...all on the 6/31st Wall. 6 from 1st platoon and 3 from 2nd platoon.

Jerry
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 am

Sorry,. miscounted. The Wall here, based on Bruce Swander's list, includes all 9 that are known.

1. Calvin Robinson
2. Larry Bradley
3. John Rolle
4. James Barrios
5. Gabrial Zoldi
6. Edwin Tubbs
7. Takeshi Tabikee
8. Dennis Farris
9. Lawton Keener.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:39 am

The Riverine Association has no idea where the Nash information came from. Their webmaster is going to amend the Mobile Riverine Associations list.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Anthony Nash had no connection to the 6/31st nor the 9th Division. See http://www.coffeltdatabase.org/ . The 31st site list is in error by the additions beyond what we have here at this site. Thanks to Bruce Swander for years ago doing the research to produce the list and giving it to this site.

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”