Former Vietnamese Military Plan to Retake Viet Nam

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Former Vietnamese Military Plan to Retake Viet Nam

Postby Delta75 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:27 am

I subscribe to the Vietnamese channels on Dish so that my wife can watch VN shows and news. I must admit that I have become addicted to one of the soap operas...and I drive my wife crazy asking her "What did he/she just say". :D

Now to the point of this input: We were watching Vietnamese news out of California, and they were covering a reunion of former VN military men all dressed up in their uniforms from long ago. They were collecting money to fund their retaking of VN. Seems like they, along with some of their sons/grandsons are planning to train in the Philippines and then attack VN. If they are US citizens, wouldn't this be against the US laws? Wonder where this money is really going? My wife says that VN owned businesses are expected to contribute or they risk the chance of being "black-balled" by the VN community. When the people living in VN hear about this, they laugh and say "We want no more war. Besides, they could not win when they were young, so why do they think that they could win when they are old...and...why would their children/grandchildren want to return to VN and risk die fighting when most VN people would love to live in the USA?

Any of you old farts ready to sign up to go back and fight those terrible Communists? :D

Jerry
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Former Vietnamese Military Plan to Retake Viet Nam

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Remember the Bay of Pigs? I think even the usual chickenhawks in Congress, and in the Senate, would have a hard time finding a reason to support this notion. And Obama would have a hard time coming up with enough drone bombs.

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”