Contact wanted for somebody who knew Fred Borzynski

Topics of a general nature that relate to anything to do with the 6th Battalion 31st Infantry that served in Vietnam.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Contact wanted for somebody who knew Fred Borzynski

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:42 am

Got this email this morning from Christine Mayne that I'd like Delta guys from Borczynski's time to take a look at. Fred Borzynski was KIA on 9/26/68 along with Pruett,Bollman, Hayes and Trotter.

The letter is as follows:

To: Robert Stewart,
Dear Robert, If you would please read the following Email which was recently sent to Mark Kapinos.
I am attempting to locate the relatives of Fredrick Earl Borczynski who was killed with our friend
Richard Barry Trotter
from
Grand Island, New York on the same day.
I would appreciate any assistance you can give us in locating that family.
Very Sincerely,
Mrs. B. Christine Mayne, Anchorage, Alaska
Email BunnyNelsons@msn.com

Robert Stewart
webmaster@6thofthe31st.zzn.com
Same Battalion
6/31st Wall
http://members.cox.net/cmccammon3/KIA.htm
The 6/31st site has a Wall in honor of all of the men who died while serving with the 6/31st Infantry in Vietnam. We respectfully requests memories from family and friends so that each of them will be remembered. SSG Trotter was serving with Delta Company, 6/31st Infantry, 9th Infantry Division, at the time of his death.
Thursday, March 25, 2004

----- Original Message -----
To: schmur705@yahoo.com
Cc: Bunny Nelsons
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 10:10 PM
Subject: Richard B. Trotter at The WALL site listed You Mark Kapinos

mark kapinos
schmur705@yahoo.com
rest well friend , mark from the falls & 1st cav
Wednesday, December 24, 2003
Dear Mark,

I am Barbara Christine Mayne from Grand Island. I have visited The Wall website and left a dedication to
Richard B. Trotter, that is where I got your Email address.

I do so hope, you do not mind my contacting you. Also I pray this gets to you where ever you are.

I knew Richard in High School on Grand Island. I also have been in contact with another soldier who you
may also know.

He is trying to locate the family of Fredrick Earl Borczynski who died with Richard; and I have been trying to
help him clear old wounds. I am sure you will understand my Email coming to you, as I have been very
unsuccessful in locating Fredricks' parents and or, immediate family and relatives. I was hoping you might know
who they are.

I have exhausted all leads there so far, and even phone calls to some Borczynski families have turned up no leads.
Anything you could do for me, would be very much appreciated. I now live in Anchorage, Alaska.

I have Emailed Richards younger brother Gary over the past few months, and we keep in touch. I am about to tell him
of the website, ... thinking now might be a good time. Again, thank you for reading this and I will look forward to
hearing from you if it is possible you might be able to help us.

Very Sincerely,
B. Christine Mayne

Return to “Vietnam Open Forum”