Timeline Now in place

Discuss your experiences with the VA and offer information that may be of assistance to others who seek help from the Veterans Administration.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Timeline Now in place

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:36 pm

It has a button to itself on the home page. Some editing needs to be done. My last version was lost before it was able to be included due to failure of my personal computer; but this version is pretty much right. The most glaring being the first post and how it was phrased. Some typos and some information needs a little more detail. Things are no doubt left out that could be included. It is however a start that gives my site a little bit of definition of what the 6th of the 31st was as a battalion in a war now fast becoming long past.

One chapter from Karl Lowe's 31st Regiment history is the best and only text on the battalion history that exists as of now. What I'm doing here is not meant to detract from his effort. In fact I took much from his information in building the timeline although I took a different turn in a couple of places. I also drew from Bruce Swander our original historian and the 9th Division newspapers in so far as I had access. I also got a great help from Vern Weed who by his addition shows what others can add to give more meaning to the experience of that time and place. It is my approach to ask for and collect information that would in some cases be otherwise lost and make corrections to what is listed as well.

Any additions welcome. Large things, small things, personal memories of any sort related to any date are welcome additions. It would be a real benefit to add personally remembered experiences that could be tied to specific dates.

Just post anything you wish to add in this forum.

Here is a link to the new experiment.

http://6thofthe31st.com/timeline/
Last edited by Niner Alpha on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

December 7

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Small corrections updated December 7 in place and couple additions made from December 6. The timeline will remain this way until any new additions are found or supplied.

Thanks to my son Jason Stewart for his computer programing expert assistance.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Great job Robert, glad I could be a little help.

Vern
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

I appreciate your help

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:53 pm

Vern, your additions give it the best example of what the timeline could be. Thanks for looking back over your old Vietnam letters home and taking the time to write it down and helping me with this project.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Company Activities of 1968

Postby Ron » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:22 am

0200 hrs. Shell Oil in Nha Be gets hit by rocket attack during the night while I was pulling watch in tower above the Co. Hdqtrs. on July 9th.
On July 11th Private Roberts drowns while crossing a stream during operations in the Mekong Delta.
July 13th - Delta Co. on military operations with MRF - going on offensive with the Navy in Mekong Delta waterways.
August 8th - Charlie Co. capture an 82 mm mortar.
August 22nd. - Delta Co. receives 'Recondo' badges.
September 26th. - Five soldiers killed in Delta Co.
September 28th. - Delta Company Co's final farewell.
October 12th. - Members of Delta. Co., 1st platoon with pointman Ron Raymond capture VC flag along with VC sympathizers in the early morning hours.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Thanks Ron

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:53 am

I'll add the dates.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Now all personal additions can be added directly

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 pm

This string is old and the new form of the timeline allows for individual additions by logging into the blog style format. The new additions can be fresh posts or comments to posts already made. All additions will be on a permission delay to weed out potential spam.

Return to “Health Issues from Vietnam”