Hobbies for seniors

Post a photo about your life today. Anybody associated with the 6/31st who is a registered user can post. Posts will also be made here of photos shared in the Skype chats. Use the free upload photo feature.
bulldog

Hobbies for seniors

Postby bulldog » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:16 am

Bulldog race finish 5-11-13.JPG
Bulldog race finish 5-11-13.JPG (138.84 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
Been mountain biking about sixteen years now. Except for some cuts and bruises, it is a great way to stay in shape.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Hobbies for seniors

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:39 pm

You are a better man than me. I have a bike I ride once in a ...long.....while...but not cross country. Considering how easy my skin bleeds now days with the least little scratch, I wonder what my bones are like in the aging process and how easy they would break at this stage of the game.

But it's good to have hobbies. I got several. It might be called hording too by my wife. I collect old guns, and old trumpets and old cameras. I think that means I am a collector of "Old". I do go fishing too. Now that's at least sane, if you discount the cost of owning a boat.
Attachments
IMGP2421.jpg
bulldog

Postby bulldog » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:37 am

Great picture Robert. I taught my kids how to fish. They never catch anything either! I'm looking forward to the Branson reunion and I just heard on the tv that today is welcome home Vietnam Veterans day hear in MO.

Speaking of trumpets, I have a 1920 silver coronet I restored and play once in a while.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:54 am

We are not alone in that come back thing. Check out this site http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/ Particularly the forum for the vintage horns.
What make and model horn do you have?
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:42 pm

"The chart below contains legislation and statutes from 38 states and Puerto Rico to designate a Vietnam Veterans Day.

Most states celebrate “Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day” on March 29 or 30 of each year,
the date of the final withdrawal of U.S. troops from Vietnam.
The day commemorates the sacrifices of Vietnam veterans and is part of a national effort to recognize the men and women
who were denied a proper welcome upon returning home more than 40 years ago."

http://www.ncsl.org/research/military-a ... tutes.aspx
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
bulldog

Postby bulldog » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Niner Alpha wrote:We are not alone in that come back thing. Check out this site http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/ Particularly the forum for the vintage horns.
What make and model horn do you have?

I have a Rudolf Wurlitzer Lyric model 2801 I believe. Not worth much but this was my brother's back in the 50's.
Last edited by bulldog on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Wurlitzer was a big music company but they didn't make their own cornets and trumpets. They would have them made by various sources depending on when the horn was made. This was true of lesser music stores as well. Martin made a lot of them for Wurlitzer in the 30's. York is said to have made some for them too and Conn and then there were some European imports. There are one heck of a lot of different makers, models, sub lines and stencils out there. Check out http://horn-u-copia.net/ It's sometimes fun to try to track down who made what for whom and when.

Return to “Post a photo”