Small white trout

Post a photo about your life today. Anybody associated with the 6/31st who is a registered user can post. Posts will also be made here of photos shared in the Skype chats. Use the free upload photo feature.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Small white trout

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm

The only thing better than catching a small white trout is catching two small white trout at the same time....like my brother did today.

My chat friends come to mind. Chuck had a guide recently on a lake in Missouri and Ron is going to do some fly fishing from a cabin in Michigan shortly. These yellow mouth white trout came from Dog River.. and others today from Austil Reef in Mobile bay.
Attachments
white trout.jpg
IMGP2433.jpg
jbayer
Site Sponsor 2014

Re: Small white trout

Postby jbayer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:05 pm

I've caught many trout in my day, but never a white one! Attached is a pic of one of the lake trout I hauled in back in 09 in Canada. You jig these guys up from down deep, and boy do they fight.
John
Attachments
IMG_1208_0025_025.jpg
jbayer
Site Sponsor 2014

Postby jbayer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Oops, wrong pic. That's a walleye. Here's a trout with a couple of bass.
Attachments
IMG_1224_0011_011.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Down on the coast, we inshore fisherman catch White Trout, Speckle Trout, Red Fish, and Flounder. White trout are considered too easy to catch most of the year so there is not much to brag about catching one. They don't get bigger than a couple of pounds ...unlike the Specks that can run five or six pounds on the largest ones. Flounders can get bigger still and the Reds can get larger still. There are number limits on Specks as well as minimum size and more liberal limits on flounder and slot limits on Reds as well as number limits.

I'll attach a blurry photo of me with a good eating size red I caught early in the summer. Darn sun screen got on the camera lens.....either that or fish guts.
Attachments
IMGP2322.jpg

Return to “Post a photo”