White Fallow Buck

Post a photo about your life today. Anybody associated with the 6/31st who is a registered user can post. Posts will also be made here of photos shared in the Skype chats. Use the free upload photo feature.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

White Fallow Buck

Postby Delta75 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:24 am

Nice White
Fallow 9_10_12 006.JPG
White Fallow buck
Fallow buck that I shot from my front porch last evening.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: White Fallow Buck

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 pm

That's one of those imported kind, isn't it? Must have gotten off of the game ranch you said before was not far away from you. I see online the fallow deer imported into Georgia are increasing in the wild to the point of being a problem. I bet the hunters don't see it as a problem.....only the farmers.

Do you have to have a hunting license to shoot an animal that isn't a native species? Any limit to the number you can shoot?
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Yes...imported deer. We have quite a few fallow, axis and sika on our property. Hunters love them, but the state wildlife bureau doesn't because they do much better than the native whitetail...thus they are increasing which results in a decrease of the native whitetail.

In Texas, you need a license to hunt anything; however, there is no limit on how many exotics you can shoot. You are even permitted to hunt exotics at night via spotlight...which we "do not" do....not at all sporting.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Postby Ron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Jerry,
That fallow deer hide looks like good deer hair for fly tying! Don't see too much of the all white native deer hair in fly supplies unless it's been blaeached. Get enough of them Jerry and you'd have a nice rug for the bedroom. :)

Return to “Post a photo”