Jerry's Retirement Cabin

Post a photo about your life today. Anybody associated with the 6/31st who is a registered user can post. Posts will also be made here of photos shared in the Skype chats. Use the free upload photo feature.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Jerry's Retirement Cabin

Postby Delta75 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi All...I will attempt to post a few pictures from my retirement cabin.

Take Care
Jerry
Attachments
Cabin2 314.JPG
Front of Cabin
Cabin2 326.JPG
Back of Cabin
wildlife 010.JPG
Picture from Cabin front porch
881.JPG
Recent picture of young Axis Buck
03_28_12 917.JPG
Herd of Axis Bucks
11_18_11 348.JPG
Turkey
1194.JPG
Feral pigs
10_15_01 414.JPG
Medium Size Feral Hog
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Jerry's Retirement Cabin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Looks like you won't have far to go to put some meat on the table. Maybe you now need a swing for the front porch to watch the sun set.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 am

The pictures of the cabin were before it was finished. We now have the railings around the porch plus two rocking chairs. My wife will set up her hammock upon her return from Viet Nam in August.

The cabin faces South...so we will have to go to the west side of the porch to see the sun set. I will send more pictures when she returns with the camera. Now I have only pictures that are/were being taken with my game cams.

As to food....that's for sure. I am getting another freezer from my daughter for storage. I have been letting some nice exotic bucks walk by because I am too lazy to shoot them, clean them, cut them up and wrap them for the freezer. I will wait until my wife returns..then....I just shoot it and she does the rest. LOL

We have several species of exotic deer (axis, sika, chocolate fallow, white fallow, spotted fallow and moufalon/barbado sheep roaming around...in addition to our native whitetail. Even a few blackbuck antelope. The exotics escaped from game ranches over the years, and are actually pushing out the native deer. We, of course, also have the usual wild animals of Texas...raccoon, fox, coyote, porcupine, bobcat, ringtailed cat, jack rabbit, a few cottontail rabbit, skunk...and...some swear an occassional cougar. I haven't seen a cougar but one was run over last year on a road a few miles from here. It's sort of like living in a a zoo.

Later
Jerry
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 am

I knew a guy that went to one of those exotic game ranches once and shot something exotic. He also paid something exotic to shoot it and bring it home. By the pound it probably cost him, on the hoof, about as much as prime beef fillet Mignon cut and wrapped at the up scale meat market. And ...if he had it stuffed and mounted.... he could have bought a new car with the same total cost of the adventure probably. He never would say what it all cost him.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:48 am

Got to thinking about that sunset stuff. You could get an A frame like my wife and I did. She wanted to see the sunset sometimes and watch the BBQ others. Our front porch hasn't got any room for a swing and we like the back yard better. The red swing faces West.
Attachments
DSC01721.jpg

Return to “Post a photo”