Jerry White and Robert Stewart

Over the years there have been monthly collages. Most saluted different contributors to the Album. This new forum is just to keep the collages and remarks about them from being totally forgotten.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Jerry White and Robert Stewart

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:04 am

We make most all the posts on this site, not that we wouldn't really like to see some others say something, and we created the only 6th of the 31st reunion that ever happened in Branson in 2015 and we are not reticent in expressing our opinions about what we think about anything to do with the memory of the 6th of the 31st...or the faults of a certain regiment association.

I know some may stumble upon this site and wonder who the hell are Jerry White and Robert Stewart and what did they do in Vietnam that prompted them to be really into this subject all these years later. And the answer is.... hell if we know. We just do. Maybe it was all the decades we did our best to forget about it that has finally come back to haunt us in our old age.

So here is a joint collage of Jerry and me in different companies and in different years in Vietnam...and at the 2015 reunion...looking a bit naturally aged.
Attachments
collage.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Jerry White and Robert Stewart

Postby Niner Delta » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:30 pm

I never met Robert in VN, don't think our time there overlapped, plus we were attached to
different companies, and assigned to different Artillery Battalions.
But I did know Jerry as we were both at the small fire base at Vinh Kim, and I remember Jerry's buddy
Barry (he is holding the other end of the red flag), they were a pair.......... :mrgreen:

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: Jerry White and Robert Stewart

Postby Delta75 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Some know and some don't know that Barry and I both graduated E-6 from NCOC, and, not only were we in NCOC at the same time...we were actually in the same company and the same platoon. He was on the first floor of the barracks and I was on the second. I was totally shocked when I was being introduced to my platoon in Vietnam, and he walked up saying "Jerry, what the "F" are you doing here"....he was serving as our point-man...and...he was the best! He had arrived a week or two earlier and didn't like serving as platoon sergeant...he preferred point.....so I was assigned to the platoon, at the last minute, to serve as platoon sergeant. We were probably the only platoon in Vietnam with an E-6 point-man. Initially, after the Reliable Academy, they had planned to send me to Bravo Company. Heck, my footlocker had already been sent to Bravo. Another interesting point....In the summer of 1969, Col Carson offered both Barry and me commissions as 2nd Lts. We both responded "thanks, but no thanks". I had only 6 months left in the Army and had no desire to spend another 1 1/2 years in the Army.....and...there was no way that Barry wanted to be an officer.

Return to “Opening page image”