Gettysburg today...as of 2011

Over the years there have been monthly collages. Most saluted different contributors to the Album. This new forum is just to keep the collages and remarks about them from being totally forgotten.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Gettysburg today...as of 2011

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:12 am

The big picture is what the middle of Gettysburg looked like in 2011 from the other side of the river as taken by Jerry White. The small photos show a lot different place from 1970. Just a big dirt island in a sea of marsh...with a really good swimming hole. Best FSB in the 6/31st for recreation. Those guys in the big full Divisions may have had super sized base camps with PX's and swimming pools and beer halls and recreation halls and libraries and nightly moves, basketball courts and etc., etc., but we had a first class swimming hole. Just open during the daylight hours. It would have been dangerous to risk the concussion grenades at night.

Come to think..... there was a basketball goal setup there one time. You see it in some of the photos in the album.

The pictures were taken from the albums of Mike Manderscheid, Charles Rhea, and myself. There were plenty from a number of albums to pick from. I just grabbed a few of the first ones I came to.
Attachments
collage.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Gettysburg today...as of 2011

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:27 am

Something about that collage just was just too out of balance. So...
Attachments
collage.jpg

Return to “Opening page image”