Back to the Skype thing

Over the years there have been monthly collages. Most saluted different contributors to the Album. This new forum is just to keep the collages and remarks about them from being totally forgotten.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Back to the Skype thing

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:50 am

It is time to change the header again. Since we have had several new registered users in just the last few days and, since Jerry White recently sent out a mass email that included mentioning my site, I thought I'd draw some attention to the Skype chat for a day or two. In the photo you will see the regulars. Ron Raymond, Keith Carlson, Floyd Jones, Chuck Thrush, and myself. In the past others have shown up from time to time, but what you see are the regulars that can pretty much be counted on to be there every Thursday night.

All any new recruits need to do to try it out is get a free Skype account, a microphone or voice-camera, and let one of us know you have a Skype handle. We'll give you a ring on Thursday nights if we see you online and at least one of us has you as a contact.

Years ago we pioneered the type chat. We started with an old message board version. It got to be pretty popular back about ten years ago. But...now days that type chat thing is pretty much old technology and we aren't going back to it. However, this site still has a type chat room if anybody wants to use it. You have to have Java in your tools box though....another free download. I understand a few still use it from time to time. And anyone is welcome to do the same.

Since we have gotten to know each other pretty well, the chat is more like a bunch of friends that have a long ago common experience and not a rehashing of war stories or tales of feeling sorry for ourselves. It's more about making contact and talking about life NOW and all of us knowing the prologue that brings us together without reciting it.

And.... if any of you that don't want to talk to me want to try the Skype thing with your buddies from Vietnam, it doesn't take much effort to organize a chat. Anybody could do it. Try it sometime before your number comes up for the funeral home. You might be glad you did.
Attachments
collage.jpg

Return to “Opening page image”