Going back to the beginning

Over the years there have been monthly collages. Most saluted different contributors to the Album. This new forum is just to keep the collages and remarks about them from being totally forgotten.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Going back to the beginning

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:38 pm

This image used to be at the top of the message board site back in 2002. Didn't remember saving it...but found it in the album flotsam and jetsam just a while ago while the Saints half time was on. Think it would fit to end this year.
Attachments
collage.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Going back to the beginning

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:53 pm

That original image was a no brainer on my part in linking the 31st Regiment emblem with the 9th Division patch back in 2002. Not coming up with any better image idea it was a start for some other images on the same theme a few years later. There was the hat pin made to raise money for the site based on variation of it...which also continues as a message board forum image to balance against the Brigade Go Devil. There were a hundred of the pins made. They were only made one time back about 2004 or early 2005. Following close upon these, and offered in middle 2005 were the hats. The hats were a service for those who wanted them and the site didn't make anything off of them at all.

The hats were pretty well made and embroidered. The guy doing it as part of his cottage industries gave it up after a while. Guess whomever was actually making them went up on their price considering how few were sold. To help him out I bought five of them. I've since given away two of them. They haven't been in production in many years now.

But...they were excellent hats and a lot more stylish than the hats the 31st Association sold at the time which were butt ugly at best.
Attachments
hats.jpg
DSC01518.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:28 pm

While the Saints were clinching the wild card... I dug out the hat the 31st Association was selling at the time. I think now they got a better design... but back then. It was vintage 1955 in design.
Attachments
DSC01528.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Well Robert, I still have my hat. Just realized that the last time I washed it, I forgot to put the
pins back on it.
Next to it is a mouse pad I bought a while back, most expensive mouse pad I ever bought.... :mrgreen:

(For some reason, the colors are off.)

Attachments
DSC00082.JPG
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:42 pm

I have some special made mouse pads too. Online there is Clark and York and they seem to really be the same people with the same specials. I got a new mouse pad not long ago when I ordered some other stuff and to pad out an order to qualify for the then free shipping offer. Either of those companies mouse pads run $9 made the way you want....unless there is a sale of some sort. However, the last one I got is a bit thinner material the the one before. I'll attach a photo. The one under the mouse is the newest. The one on top of the speaker is several years old.

Looks like that hat has been out in the sun a time or two. At least it's arty red. The right color.
Attachments
DSC01594.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:27 pm

The pad I got is almost 1/4" thick, very nice pad, just spendy........

Actually my hat isn't faded, still nice and red like yours. For some reason the photo turned
the hat a faded red and the pad is really bright white.
But I'm just too lazy to take another photo..... :mrgreen:

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.

Return to “Opening page image”