Couldn't take the text opening page so I changed it

Over the years there have been monthly collages. Most saluted different contributors to the Album. This new forum is just to keep the collages and remarks about them from being totally forgotten.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Couldn't take the text opening page so I changed it

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Here's one I won't leave up long either...but I think it deserves a few minutes in the spotlight. It's a "real" Bravo Bears patch that I got a photo of from Roger Arellano some years ago. If you go to ebay and put in 31st infantry or some variation of 6th Battalion 31st Infantry, you will see copies of this patch offered starting from about $4 with free shipping. All are said to be genuine...but we know better. Maybe some Bravo guy might want one as a novelty while what looks to be a large inventory lasts.

Now if we could get those enterprising Asians to make some Alpha Ace's it would be good. I'd pay $4 for a second to my original. The ones the young kid collectors are buying now are ones made by "Cheap Charlie" , the generic name for Vietnamese merchants, who ...supposedly... are selling old inventory of excess stock made for units during the war. I got a feeling none of it is excess and all of it is BS but self styled experts are examining weave and other things and pronouncing them "real". And we all know internet "experts" all know what they are talking about, don't we?

By the way...as I deleted the recent post begging for Bravo pictures in the Bravo forum when I got to thinking that was lower than even I should have to go.... if any Bravo guys want to send some photos I'll add them to the Album. If not... well.... I wasn't in Bravo.
Attachments
44630348_G.jpg
44630348_G.jpg (149.03 KiB) Viewed 787 times

Return to “Opening page image”