2011 trip to Vietnam by Jerry White

Over the years there have been monthly collages. Most saluted different contributors to the Album. This new forum is just to keep the collages and remarks about them from being totally forgotten.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

2011 trip to Vietnam by Jerry White

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:59 am

I asked for some suggestions for the opening page image. So far... Ron Raymond was the first to respond. Now is a suggestion from Jerry White.

Niner...I sent you two pictures that might be used for future opening pages. Both from my 2011 visit to Vietnam.

One where I am standing with the village policeman who told me about the 1/12/1969 firefight where 1st platoon, Delta Company lost 6 KIA and many wounded. We are standing at what would have been the western boundary of the 1st platoon defensive position.

One of the woman who told me about the 9/26/1968 ambush where 3rd platoon, Delta Company lost 5 KIA and many wounded. She is standing about 50 yards directly West of where 3rd platoon was ambushed.

Just a thought.

Jerry

Jerry has extensive commentary here at this site in a section set up as his own forum for his trip in 2011. He went looking for places of note in the battalion history and explored what they look like now and made some photos to share with us. In the case of the people in the photo on the opening page, he learned some things from them about what they remembered about times of conflict involving our men in that far away place long ago.

viewforum.php?f=45
Attachments
collage.jpg

Return to “Opening page image”