Jerry White's Vietnam Trip 2017

Jerry White toured various sites in Vietnam of historic importance to the 6/31st.
Feel free to post additional new posts about Vietnam then and now or comment on anything posted. Check out the same photos in the album with comments by Jerry under each image. http://www.6thofthe31st.com/gallery/mai ... emId=19416
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Jerry White's Vietnam Trip 2017

Postby Delta75 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Hello 6/31st!

Well, tomorrow my wife and I will be returning to "the world" after 6 months in Vietnam visiting her family in her village of Vinh Kim (near Dong Tam). This year we spent almost 2 weeks touring up north, and for the first time, I saw several Vietnam Vet tour groups. It appears as though more Vietnam vets are deciding to return for a visit while they are still young enough and healthy enough to do it.

Several of my Delta Company Brothers have contacted me with thoughts of making a trip back, and with questions concerning places to visit, costs, etc. This got me to thinking that there might be others of our 6/31st Brothers who might also be considering a trip, but who might be hesitant due to lack of information or other various concerns.

Over the last 16 years of my returning to Vietnam, my wife and I have covered most of the "tourist" attractions from Sapa in the North, Hue in the Central, and Phu Quoc Island in the South. In addition, in 2011, I made a tour of most of our old Fire Bases locations, via the back of my step-son's motorbike. Therefore, if you are interested in a return visit, I will be more than happy to provide you with any information (to include pictures) that I can provide....and...if you happen to be in Vietnam while we are here, we would be proud to invite you to our house for dinner.

Take Care My Brothers

Return to “Jerry White Explores 6/31st Locations”