Google Earth

Jerry White toured various sites in Vietnam of historic importance to the 6/31st.
Feel free to post additional new posts about Vietnam then and now or comment on anything posted. Check out the same photos in the album with comments by Jerry under each image. http://www.6thofthe31st.com/gallery/mai ... emId=19416
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Google Earth

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:46 am

Jerry sends us Google images marked with locations he has visited or is in the process of visiting. These locations have been researched as best he and those he has been in contact with can make them. This first set is the most certain of being very close to correct.

There are additional Google Earth photos attached in the string Cai Nua - 1/12/69. I put them there because of the importance of the subject and how the Google images add to it. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2925 The Google Earth Cai Nua images are in the Cai Nua file in the Album section. These attached here are put at the front of the larger trip album. http://www.6thofthe31st.com/gallery/mai ... emId=19416

(If you note the bottom of all the screen shots shows the Google Earth GPS information. All you have to do is copy the information in the seach slot a Google Earth. For instance try 10 38'36.25N 106 29'31.25E for Ben Luc. You don't need the degree mark. )

More Google Earth shots...I will send these in at least two emails.

The second email contains the locations still in question because of less than complete coordinates...for example: XS5026. Lacking the two required "digits", the location could have the long and lat off by as much what...900 meters? Maybe we can get some inputs from the guys as to their accuracy.

The attachments on this email had complete coordinates and Jack converted to Google Earth long/lat; therrefore, they should be correct. Understanding that the "marker" would fall "somewhere" within the location. Gettysberg for example shows well off the Bo Bo canal, and both of us remember swimming in the Bo Bo.

I am sending these two emails only to you...I will notify my Delta men and a few more..that they can visit your site if they want to see them. Maybe we can encourage a few visits that way.

I am also going to copy a few guys from other companies and see if they will let their men know about my trip and the message boards and album. Who knows? A few might check it out?

Jerry

Click on the photos with your mouse to make them larger
Attachments
FSB%20Moore.jpg
FSB Moore
Can%20Giuoc.jpg
Can Giuoc
Ben%20Luc.jpg
Ben Luc
Gettysburg.jpg
Gettysburg
Chamberlain.jpg
Chamberlain
Dong%20Tam.jpg
Dong Tam
Snoopy's%20Nose.jpg
Snoopy's Nose
Tan%20An.jpg
Tan An
Tra%20Cu.jpg
Tra Cu
Vinh%20Kim.jpg
Vinh Kim
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Google Earth

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:53 am

Robert....attached are the shots that had less than complete military grid coordinates....maybe we can get some help on these.

Jerry

Click to make larger

If anybody cares to comment just be sure you are logged in as a user and contribute whatever thoughts you have. This is true for any post on this site. It's made for comment........or at least that was the original idea.
Attachments
Bearcat.jpg
Bearcat
FSB%20Smoke.jpg
Smoke
Nha%20Be.jpg
Nha Be
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:53 am

September 26, 1968

Jerry has sent a Google Earth image to help understand the location. I put it in the string related to his visit.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2920

I also include it here.
Attachments
9_26_68.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:30 am

Doug Reese shares a photo of Nha Be from forty years ago.
Attachments
Nha%20Be%201970.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Another from Doug Reese of Na Bhe of more recent times.
Attachments
Nha%20Be.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:46 pm

From David Kennedy by way of Jerry White.

Click to read the comment.
Attachments
For JW.jpg
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Does anyone want to cast their vote as to "Will the real FSB Jackson please stand up"?
Attachments
FSB%20Jackson.jpg

Return to “Jerry White Explores 6/31st Locations”