The 31st Regiment reunion coming up next month 2015

Reunions of any size and any discription. If you have one to promote, this is the place. If you have photos or comments about past reunions this is also the place.

Moderator: Delta75

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The 31st Regiment reunion coming up next month 2015

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:31 pm

I guess everyone who visits here noticed there is no announcement given of the 31st Regiment Association reunion in California on this site. I had some email conversations with the Reunion chairman who sent out the mass emails about the Regiment reunion recently using our Branson reunion email contact list. Jerry had sent him our list by way of the long standing, and independent, Bravo reunion team. The chairman, unfortunately, is too computer skills lacking to post here in the message board, so he told me, after I told him he would be more than welcome to do so. He obviously has not gone looking for an Association officer, who is up to speed with basic internet skills, to do so in his stead. And no officer or member of the Association has done so on their own.

I have given up on the Association, and PERSONALLY, will not actively help them again unless something really changes within the organization and there is evidence that it has actually changed. Too many false promises in the past leading nowhere will require more than words for me to believe in the Association ever again. See this string for a large part of the reason why I have come to this conclusion. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3360 Nobody from the Association has talked to me about anything other than Karl Lowe who is now deceased...and certainly none of the officers have posted here about anything other than Vin Zike who defended them in the string I just posted the link to... and that is how it has been for a long time. A long time equals about ten years.

I just hope somebody who came to our Branson battalion reunion shows up at the Regiment reunion and says something about how they need to change some things..NOW... because they have, for a long time, choaked off potential growth in membership of 6/31st men and have made practically no attempt to attract any of the great majority that don't know anything about them to the Association or to future reunions.

The people in charge at the Regiment Association aren't bad people. I don't mean to "disrespect" nor disparage any of them. They were all faithful soldiers and good men in so far as I know. But... .they don't seem to understand, as a group, a lot of the things that many of us feel about what "reunion" means to us and maybe somebody ought to see if they can get them to see the light before we that remain are too old to care any longer. But... it won't be me. I want nothing further to do with them.

If any group of men want to have a battalion reunion again... I'll help all I can. I just won't be the guy driving the bus next time.
jaggers.j@att.net

Re: The 31st Regiment reunion coming up next month 2015

Postby jaggers.j@att.net » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 pm

Rod, I'm sorry I'm not up to speed on using the web page. This is the first change I've had to respond to the email you sent giving me instruction. I admit my ignorance, because from your
instructions I was not able to post an announcement. Sorry. I am grateful I was able to send out the emails from your list. Thank You Jim Jaggers
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: The 31st Regiment reunion coming up next month 2015

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:53 pm

So... how did you post what you just posted if my instructions were too complicated for you to follow?

Never mind. I don't want to know.

Good luck with your reunion. It doesn't matter to me if you post about it here or not. Besides, at this late a date all the money from those attending should have been sent in already.

And my name isn't Rod, by the way. Not that it matters all that much.

Return to “Reunion events Past, Present, Future”