2012 Reunion - Finally DC!- Aug 10 - 13

Reunions of any size and any discription. If you have one to promote, this is the place. If you have photos or comments about past reunions this is also the place.

Moderator: Delta75

Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

2012 Reunion - Finally DC!- Aug 10 - 13

Postby Delta75 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Well...the 31st association has finally listened and has scheduled the 2012 reunion for DC! The following was extracted from the latest 31st Newsletter.

Reunion 2012

In response to many requests, our next reunion will be 10-13 Aug 2012 at Washington D C. Our host hotel is the Westin at nearby Alexandria, VA, (400 Courthouse Square), phone 1-800-837-8461for reservations. If you fly into Reagan National Airport, you won’t have to rent a car. For a fare of only $1.60, hop on DC Metro’s yellow line train toward Huntington and get off at King Street Station, only two stops (7 minutes) away. At the station, there will be a Westin shuttle bus waiting to take you to the hotel, only 3 blocks away. The hotel is near the George Washington Masonic Memorial (picture at right), offering a panoramic view of DC from its little known observation deck. To visit the attractions in DC, return to the King St station and for a fare of just $2.15, take Metro’s yellow line train toward Fort Totten and get off at Archives Station, only 7 stops (19 minutes) away. The Smithsonian Museums; WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War Memorials; National Archives; Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, Washington Monument, the Capitol, and the White House are all nearby. More on the agenda in our next newsletter. I’ll be your point of contact. Call me if you have questions. Karl Lowe

The following are, of course, my comments...and not Karl's or the 31st Association's:

Hopefully the 31st Regional Directors will finally get off their butts and actually do something by reaching out to the men within their districts to encourage them to attend the reunion. If they need a list of 6/31st men...I will be happy to supply it. So.....Regional Directors....stand up and be accountable...no excuses this year. Everyone of the ~1,400 men on our 6/31st roster should be reached out to via...in this order: (1) personal phone call, (2) personal letter, and/or (3) personal email. In the past, encouraging our members and potential members to attend the reunions has been left to a very few....and everyone knows who they were. It's time for a change. It takes more than simply sending out a 31st association newsletter (to only the 31st association members) to let our members and potential members know that we would really like for them to join us. There are memorials to WWII, Korea and Viet Nam in DC, and this will provide us with the opportunity to honor all of our fallen warriors. So...come on association leadership.....let's see some "real" association encouragement and support for the DC reunion.

Merry Christmas My Brothers

Jerry
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: 2012 Reunion - Finally DC!- Aug 10 - 13

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 am

Hopefully the 31st Regional Directors will finally get off their butts and actually do something by reaching out to the men within their districts to encourage them to attend the reunion.

I wonder if any of the directors...or any of the officers of the Association for that matter... have done anything this year beyond paying someone to fix their website just enough to post the preliminary reunion information and sending out the required newsletter? Certainly none have contacted me, which is admittedly not surprising considering how I have not been bashful in pointing out what I saw as some of the Association's failings over the years. And obviously none of them, with any authority of whatever kind, have posted anything at this site. They have always been, and continue to be, welcome to post information here on this site if they wish; every last one of them.

Plenty of time left for advertising this coming reunion....or maybe they are building up a head of steam for the next one after. The only trouble is ....the 6/31st members are getting older and are wearing out at increasing speed....and some die every year. The circle will only continue to grow smaller as time passes.

I am willing to hold back any further critical remark about the Association....if any of them will come forward at this site and show some leadership and encouragement directed at those who may attend a reunion by attempting a little nudge or two.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Re: 2012 Reunion - Finally DC!- Aug 10 - 13

Postby Delta75 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Niner.....I doubt that anything will change. I know that I am personally thru with "reunion recruiting" until I see the Regional Directors reaching out. That is the least that they can do. As you know, for several years, I busted my butt trying to encourage not only Delta men, but also men from the other companies to attend the reunions. Again, as you know, this year I am working (along with Mary) in an attempt to update the present 6/31st roster so that Karl can use it to reach out to our men to make them aware of the DC reunion. I have even sorted the roster into separate Regional files and provided these files to Karl. I am hopeful that Karl can encourage the Regional Directors to actually use these files to reach out to the men within their region, to make them aware of the DC reunion, and to encourage them to attend. If Karl can't get these guys to do it, nobody can...and......if he can't....we might as well just give it up.

Jerry

Return to “Reunion events Past, Present, Future”