The last colors of the 6/31st

Reunions of any size and any discription. If you have one to promote, this is the place. If you have photos or comments about past reunions this is also the place.

Moderator: Delta75

Niner Alpha
Site Admin

The last colors of the 6/31st

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 am

Got this message from Harvey Mize:

I just got a call from Col Gearin's son Colin... He indicated his family had the colors ... of 6/31 that his father brought back from Vietnam and he mentioned us using them at Reno....

Colin had signed the guestbook here a few weeks ago and Harvey, who had been the last acting CO of Delta, contacted him. Harvey thought well of the battalion commander back when he served under him and wanted Colin to know. Now Charlie Tapp will be making contact and invite Colin and the rest of Col. Gearin's family to the Reno reunion as well as talk about showing the last colors for the first time since the 6/31st from Vietnam went out of business.
The Pelion Kid
Sustaining Member

Re: The last colors of the 6/31st

Postby The Pelion Kid » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:59 am

That would be a very good thing..A real relic for us old pharts..I hope the reunion goes well..
The Pelion Kid
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:55 pm

So what happened with this? I wonder if the old colors turned up at the reunion.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Postby Ron » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Roger that Niner,

Would be nice if there were some follow-up pictures of the reunion posted that show the activities and changes of the Reno reunion of 2010 instead of relying on attending members. Guess we now have to wait for the next regimental newsletter, if there's anything at all posted! :o
If there's postings pre-reunion time that we should look forward to seeing then there should be some type of follow-up reports, including photo's and/or video. After all, not all of the regiments members are capable of attending some of the reunions and a few might not be able to attend them at all due to health reasons.
So, what did become of the Colors?
Last edited by Ron on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:15 pm

I sent Colin Gearin an email. Guess that's the only way to find out.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:54 am

And the Answer:

sorry didnt get back to u sooner, on vacation cape cod.

No, no one contacted us, we were willing to ship the colors or pitch in for a plane ticket to reno ($99)cheap. We were a little dissapointed, but I know your right about factions. Hopefullt next time. We really respect the men who served with Dad. We know the sacrifices they made. Good to hear from you.

Colin

Return to “Reunion events Past, Present, Future”