Tokarev TT33

This is a forum for the weapons we knew about. It is also a place for remembering the equipment we carried and how and why we carried what we did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Tokarev TT33

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:57 pm

This is like the trophy everybody wanted to take home. Unlike the AK47, it was a legal trophy. It is a model TT33 made in various communist countries. This one, however, wasn't a trophy. It is a recent import of a dated Polish 1948 pistol. It shoots a 7.62x25 Russian round that packs a knock down punch for its about 9mm size. This particular one shoots real good and doesn't have much kick to it all things considered. It takes down a lot like the M1911 .45 Colt.
Attachments
tt33right.jpg
TT33left.jpg
Last edited by Niner Alpha on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
montana charlie

Yeah, I know...

Postby montana charlie » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:37 pm

I brought home a China-built Tokarev (Type 54) that I 'earned the old fasioned way'...
The original owner must have been quite proud of it because the pistol and one mag (matching serial number) were polished and blued.

I wish he hadn't done that, as the front sight got its edges round off and gives a fuzzy sight picture...plus my eyes ain't what they used to be. The 'trophy' includes all of the leather, as well, but the cleaning rod was nowhere to be found.

I would post a picture, but I don't know how...
CM
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Yeah, I know...

Postby Niner Alpha » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:41 pm

Montana we are going to have a new website where you can post a picture directly from your computer very shortly.

One correction on my TT33, that particular one was made at the factory with a safety or it was added later for import. The original TT33's didn't have a safety. Other import versions have the safety behind the grips rather than in front

Return to “Weapons, equipment, and how we did things”