Got any modified jungle jackets?

This is a forum for the weapons we knew about. It is also a place for remembering the equipment we carried and how and why we carried what we did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Got any modified jungle jackets?

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:29 am

Got any modified clothing at all? There could be gold in those old bring backs. Saw this at another site. These people are really some kind of gear queer. But look at the price that somebody on ebay paid for this gook shop modified jacket.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ ... pic=135875

The ebay sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150757651814?ss ... 941wt_1037
Ron Heinzel

Re: Got any modified jungle jackets?

Postby Ron Heinzel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Man! I wonder what my magazine vest is worth ? I used it in the field it held 11 M16 20 rd. mags. Tiger stripe camo made in Tan An. I still have it packed away.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Surprising isn't it Ron? And what's better in your case is that you even know your artifacts history. I'd write it all down on paper how you had it made, where it has been, your relationship to it. The sign off on what you write down as history and maybe even get it notarized. With the added written provenance your kids or grand kids can trade that bit of flotsam and jetsam for some real money some day. Well.....maybe.
The Pelion Kid
Sustaining Member

Postby The Pelion Kid » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:33 pm

No jungle jackets but I do have my old dress uniform and a funky jacket with a dragon on the back. :twisted:
The Pelion Kid
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Still have my original jungle hat, poncho liner, and dress green jacket. Everything else
I wore to work back in the '70s, until they fell apart. I had one of those cool old style field jackets,
with pointed collar and no hood rolled up in the collar. It was old and faded when it was issued to me.
It was like the one in the photo, except mine was really faded.

Attachments
948-2734.jpg
948-2734.jpg (127.02 KiB) Viewed 5449 times
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Vern, since you wrote that I went looking in a closet and found my old field jacket. It wasn't my original. I gave the original issue one to my baby brother when I was headed to Vietnam because kids thought they were fashionable. I later found out he wore it to school and they made him take it off because it was a part of a military uniform and against the law to wear in public. That school was known for an A...hole principle and staff. When my kids came along to high school age they didn't go to that school just because of my such fond memories .

Anyway...mine is the other one that wasn't cool. It doesn't have the pointed collar tips and it does have the zipper and the hoodie thing that comes out of it. And.. it's a size too small to wear anymore....not that I would wear it. It's not cool anymore I'd guess anyway.

Wonder if one of those "collectors" over at the site that does that stuff would pay big money for it?
Attachments
DSC02910.jpg

Return to “Weapons, equipment, and how we did things”