Boots

This is a forum for the weapons we knew about. It is also a place for remembering the equipment we carried and how and why we carried what we did.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Boots

Postby Niner Alpha » Sun May 28, 2006 8:56 am

Moving some assorted.... valuable stuff... wife calls junk, I found my bring home jungle boots. Thought I would post some pictures because it shows the two different patterns of boot sole, and two different manufacturers.

Reason they don't match is by the time Alpha got back to Ben Luc for the last time, the remps had moved everything from what we had called "home" and my "good" boots were missing. An assortment of boots had been dumped in a pile. This was the only pair I could put together from that pile that made up a set my size. :lol:
Attachments
boots 001.jpg
boots 002.jpg
boots 003.jpg
boots 004.jpg
Left foot boot
boots 006.jpg
Right foot boot.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Tue May 30, 2006 7:17 pm

Bata boots are still in operation making various kinds of footwear. Although these seem to be surplus. Check out this link.

http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/en/Product/084601

Ro-Search is still in operation too. Here's a link to their offerings. Hard to figure which is most like the actual thing we had in those days. Probably whatever the cheapest version is. We didn't have "speed lacing" in those days for sure. :lol:

http://www.wellco.com/html/vietnam_jungle_boots_-_green.html

I ordered a pair of the cheaper eyelet kind to see how much like the real thing they are. I'll post when I get them.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Boots came

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:41 pm

This is more in the way of a question of how original are the modern made versions of the clothes we wore. I did this with a jungle hat a year or two ago.

Anyway, the Ro Search soles look about identical to the original Bata soles, not the original Ro Search soles.

The shoe has the metal shank it in...so it says. The eyelets look a little smaller. The shoe strings look identical in weave and feel. The drain holes look a lot like and are in the same locations as the original.

Tried them on. Feels like boots.
Attachments
boots 010.jpg
boots 009.jpg
boots 007.jpg
Original Bata left and new Ro-Search on right. Both boots are about the same size. My foot is a size larger now so the new boot is a 9 and the original is a 8. althought the angle makes the two boots look more different than they actually are in size.
Last edited by Niner Alpha on Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

AHA..................

Postby Niner Delta » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:17 pm

After seeing the pictures of you on the dance floor at the reunion, I had a hunch. But that last boot picture verifies it. You have two left feet!! :D

Vern.
Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:19 pm

You are wrong there Vern. I never made it to the dance floor at the reunion. I had to go home for the Hurricane instead......kind of dumb on my part, come to think of it. :lol:

Return to “Weapons, equipment, and how we did things”