Jerry White - Vietnam 2017

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Jerry White - Vietnam 2017

Postby Delta75 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 am

Well folks, I am back in Vietnam (Vinh Kim), and tomorrow (3/11) my wife and I will leave for a 10 day tour. We will fly from Saigon to Da Nang, then travel to Hoi An and Hue. We will then fly from Da Nang to Hanoi.....then travel to Ha Long Bay and Sapa. After Sapa, we will return to Hanoi for a flight back to Saigon. I'll post a few pictures after I return to Vinh Kim.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Jerry White - Vietnam 2017

Postby Niner Alpha » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:42 am

I'll be looking forward to a report. Have a good time.
Ron
Sponsor 2016

Postby Ron » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:56 pm

That's the way to do it, Jerry, with a wife who knows the Vietnamese & knowing the culture. Could be looking into a trip myself this year as I've checked out a tourist agency, but they want you to sign up for a group trip. Not ready to do that as half the stuff I'm not interested in, i.e. military museum.
Still have your contact's email address who I'll be in touch. Might even contact Tom Slining for bits of advice.
Enjoy it while you can, Jerry, and say hi to Barbara. :)
Delta75
Gobal Moderator and Site sponsor 2012

Postby Delta75 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Back from the trip and had a great time!

Ron....Tom Slining used an approach that worked great for him. He avoided the tourist agency approach and did everything on his own. First he simply scheduled his own flights (BTW: Barbara and I paid only $900 per person for round-trip tickets), and he reserved his hotel room in Saigon via the internet (you might check out Tripadvisor.com). Once he got to the hotel (he loved his hotel), he scheduled his "custom" trips via tour companies recommended by the hotel. He and his wife had a great English speaking guide with them when they visited us in Vinh Kim. This permitted him to visit only the places that he wanted to visit. So....I would suggest that you contact Tom. We will be back next year.....maybe you can arrange a trip for when we are here...we would love to have you visit our family...and..we would be happy to help you locate any places that the tour guides cannot. They all know Dong Tam...but probably not much more.

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”