Prescription Discount

Subjects about any topic that comes to mind are welcome here.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Prescription Discount

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:12 pm

A few months ago I was prescribed Clobetasol as an ointment to treat a skin condition. Went to Walgreens and was surprised....to put it mildly...that the cost for a tube of the stuff cost me $500. Then I heard about a group discount coupon that could be downloaded online for any kind of medical prescription. Today, wanting to refill the prescription, I went to this site and put in the medicine name and printed the coupon. Same drug store, same medicine, and they took the coupon which made the cost $81.93 instead of $500.

https://www.goodrx.com/

If you haven't heard of this before and have some prescription to fill and no medical insurance that picks it up, you might want to try this. You don't give the site any personal information, but on the back end, from the Drug store, they must tell them who you are and where you live and whatever else information the drug store tells them. But... to save the difference between no coupon and the printed coupon was a real $418.07.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Prescription Discount

Postby Niner Delta » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Wow, I just checked and can get a tube of Clobetasol at local Walgreens for $25.50........
You must be using something other than the regular stuff. At those prices I sure hope it
is doing wonders for you....... :mrgreen:

Vern

Any restaurant's a drive-thru if you go fast enough.
Niner Alpha
Site Admin

Re: Prescription Discount

Postby Niner Alpha » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:53 pm

Maybe Walgreens is just screwing people in Alabama. Next time I want some I'll get you to buy it for me and mail it to me. :cry:

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”